Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
korkow

Is the moisturizer necessary?

Hey guys, I've been on the regimen successfully for almost a year now, and my skin no longer gets dry at all from the BP. Is it absolutely necessary for me to use moisturizer, or is it just for dry skin?

As far as I can tell, most moisturizers do either nothing for acne, or worsen it, so I wouldn't think there would be a problem. But I want more opinions. Thanks!

If you've been on the Regimen for a year, and your skin is happy without moisturizer, then no it isn't necessary, imo.

The only thing you'd need to consider is something with spf for daytime use if you spend time outdoors.

By the way, congrats on your results!

If your face doesn't dry up, then the Moisturizer can possibly become a bad thing. If your face is just naturally undry, you run the risk of over-moisturizing your face, which can cause acne, as well as the irritation from applying it. For me, I only moisturize when my face flakes out. Thankfully for me, it's only on occasion. Unlike some people here who are constantly dry all the time. If you're not one of them, be thankful.

For the vast majority of people, bp is extremely drying which is why its an essential part of the regimen(for most). Its only purpose is to prevent dryness. If your skin is stays hydrated without using moisturizer, then thats great for you one less step you gotta do.

Wow, you are one of the first people I've heard of that doesn't get dryness from BP. I used BP once a day (Now twice a day), and didn't need a moisturizer but I used one anyway. It helps with keep skin tight, can have spf(protects from skin damaging rays), and helps skin age well. You don't have to use one, but overall I think everyone should use a moisturizer because it will keep your skin young and healthy looking.