Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
owlx

Owlx's Acne Regimen Log =)

My name is Alex, I'm 18 and I live in MD

I have mild facial acne - mostly on the sides of my face, and I have some blackheads around my nose - and I also have body acne, which is largely on my upper back and my chest.

I have also had dermatillomania (compulsive skin picking) for 10 years. Because of the dermatillomania, my acne looks a lot worse than it really is and I have a lot of scars. Though dermatillomania is a psychological disorder, I know that it would improve if my acne did.

I have very fair, sensitive skin that gets very red and flaky when irritated =(

And yet for some reason, I have been using Proactiv since I was about 14. Proactiv (used only once a day, along with a switch to less irritating makeup) REALLY DID help my skin! But in my opinion, the real magical ingredient is benzoyl peroxide...which can be found in less destructive products than the Proactiv line. The cleanser just doesn't do my skin any good...my skin is soft and smooth WITHOUT using any sort of exfoliant, so why should I use such an abrasive product? =P

My regimen products are IN THE MAIL AND ON THE WAY, and I'm excited to try something new!

I will be adding some "before" pictures soon =)

My name is Alex, I'm 18 and I live in MD

I have mild facial acne - mostly on the sides of my face, and I have some blackheads around my nose - and I also have body acne, which is largely on my upper back and my chest.

I have also had dermatillomania (compulsive skin picking) for 10 years. Because of the dermatillomania, my acne looks a lot worse than it really is and I have a lot of scars. Though dermatillomania is a psychological disorder, I know that it would improve if my acne did.

I have very fair, sensitive skin that gets very red and flaky when irritated =(

And yet for some reason, I have been using Proactiv since I was about 14. Proactiv (used only once a day, along with a switch to less irritating makeup) REALLY DID help my skin! But in my opinion, the real magical ingredient is benzoyl peroxide...which can be found in less destructive products than the Proactiv line. The cleanser just doesn't do my skin any good...my skin is soft and smooth WITHOUT using any sort of exfoliant, so why should I use such an abrasive product? =P

My regimen products are IN THE MAIL AND ON THE WAY, and I'm excited to try something new!

I will be adding some "before" pictures soon =)

Welcome to the Log board! I really hope you keep up with your log (unlike others). I've been keeping up with mine for 25 days so far and I'm still going. I have been having some really good success in just the 3 1/2 weeks I've been on the regimen. Good Luck to you! I'll check in if you keep posting!

Good luck on the regimen! I am now on my 15th day and have been very happy with it. I already am completely faithful in this regimen and I think you will have great results too!

So it's been almost a month since I started the regimen, wow! That flew by...no school = no concept of time.

I truly intended to post photos in this log, but...my skin improved so quickly that it would only be vain of me to post my pretty face ;)

For the month, I have been using:

Basis sensitive skin bar soap (recommended by Dan)

Nature's Cure Benzoyl Peroxide (in a little tube I had left over...need more soon!)

and Complex 15 Face Cream (also recommended by Dan)

The first week I used the new products, I had a bad breakout and was sort of disheartened! But I was patient, because I know that sort of 'purging process' happens with new products sometimes.

I can't believe just DROPPING the proactiv and using a regular old face soap + good moisturizer has produced such great results.

My face doesn't get red and irritated anymore!

When I get a pimple, it's just ONE pimple - not an entire "bad skin day."

When I'm not wearing makeup, I don't feel ugly! Amazing. I hardly have to wear foundation at all.

My skin looks and feels much better, but I do still have 2 or 3 bumps here and there.

Best of all...I haven't picked my face badly since I started using this regimen. I honestly cannot believe it. I've been stressed, I've been on PMS, I've been eating bad holiday foods, but the improvement in my skin has really kept me from messing that up with picking.

To be continued!