Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flowssosick

My Accutane Log

Im 16 years old and ive struggled with acne for about 5-6 years now. Ive really tried everything for my face...but nothing really worked. The best ive ever tried was proactive and it cleared like 2 or 3 of my pimples...but i have severe acne you could say..so that really didnt do SQUAT. I finally got prescribed to Accutane, which ive never heard about before, but after researching it for a while i learned a lot about it and the wonders of how it worked for so many people.

Its been 1 month so far and in the first week my lips started to get dry, the second week still about the lips, the third my face starting getting a little dry, the fourth week my face got really dry, and that was it for month 1. After i finished month 1, i missed 3 pills in a row before getting my next prescription of 40mg, and my face seems to be way more oily then it was on week 4 when it was reallly dry, so i guess missing those 3 days made a difference or something, i have no idea. I also have seemed to have lost about 10 pounds in the first month.

What i usually take in the morning with Accutane is at least 2 glasses of milk, and some peanuter butter on bread.

So yea thats about it for month one and 6 days...feel free to comment :dance:post-89902-1229377651_thumb.jpg

Since im gunna miss 4 days of Accutane at the end of month 1..should i miss 4 days right now and take a pill every other day instead? i think thatd be better then missing 4 in a row.

post-89902-1229377651_thumb.jpg

I'm at the end of my first month so we're about on track. I've never missed a pill so I dont know personaly, but I've heard other people say that if they miss a few days in the begining they will start to get oily again. About the weight thing, me too. I've lost about five lbs which doesn't sound like that much but I only weighed 98lbs to begin with. I talked to my derm about it and she said that it wasn't usually a side effect of Accutane but I don't really know what else it would be and since you're experiencing it too I think I'll try talking to her about it again. Well congrats on finishing your first month and good luck with the rest of your treatment!

Im 16 years old and ive struggled with acne for about 5-6 years now. Ive really tried everything for my face...but nothing really worked. The best ive ever tried was proactive and it cleared like 2 or 3 of my pimples...but i have severe acne you could say..so that really didnt do SQUAT. I finally got prescribed to Accutane, which ive never heard about before, but after researching it for a while i learned a lot about it and the wonders of how it worked for so many people.

Its been 1 month so far and in the first week my lips started to get dry, the second week still about the lips, the third my face starting getting a little dry, the fourth week my face got really dry, and that was it for month 1. After i finished month 1, i missed 3 pills in a row before getting my next prescription of 40mg, and my face seems to be way more oily then it was on week 4 when it was reallly dry, so i guess missing those 3 days made a difference or something, i have no idea. I also have seemed to have lost about 10 pounds in the first month.

What i usually take in the morning with Accutane is at least 2 glasses of milk, and some peanuter butter on bread.

So yea thats about it for month one and 6 days...feel free to comment :dance:post-89902-1229377651_thumb.jpg

Since im gunna miss 4 days of Accutane at the end of month 1..should i miss 4 days right now and take a pill every other day instead? i think thatd be better then missing 4 in a row.

Hi there, why do you have to miss four pills? That's nutty that your derm wouldn't have you in before you were due for a new RX. I had mine write an RX for three months because I said there was no way I wanted to risk that I couldn't get in or they weren't available. I will get my one month blood test on Saturday and then I will go and fill my script. Can you do that? I can't imagine missing that many pills is a good idea. I would definitely call them and see what you can do, especially when there are so many office closures this time of year.

Good luck and keep us posted...