Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Namaste

goddammit.. face lift for rolling scars?

I've suffered from severe acne and although it's cleared up a lot, my skin has been left with rolling scars and uneven texture all over my cheeks and forehead. It's ridiculous how melancholic it's left me. I think it's cause I've gotten so fucking healthy and I just want to look it; I still feel like I look like a drug addict that doesn't know how to take care of myself. I've done a lot of thinking and I've heard about getting the skin pulled back to smooth out skin texture and it just sounds so nice to have it over with.

Although I've read that the effects only last a certain number of years, I figured during that time I can use a dermaroller every couple of months and continue encouraging collagen growth any other way I can.

Have any of you heard of this? Am I just being irrational because I'm so sick of my skin, or does this sound logical? Any input I appreciate.

Upon doing some more research I came across this:

"Will a facelift help my acne scars?

Sorry, but a face lift will not help your acne scars, even though when you put your fingers on the skin just in front of your ears and pull your facial skin backwards, the acne scars seem to flatten as the skin tightens. It seems to make mechanical sense that the scars should flatten with the face lift operation, but it doesn't work out when you actually try it. The problem is that the face lift won't maintain tension on the surface of the skin, and the acne scars come back completely within just a couple of weeks after the face lift.

Although every plastic surgeon should learn this fact in Plastic Surgery 101, many of the plastic surgeons you visit will not hesitate to offer you a face lift to improve your acne scars. I've seen it here in Omaha. You can be smarter than they are by declining."

you gotta do some research man. scars seem to need a combination of treatments. it depends on the scaring type. they key is to research all your options as much as possible and see what you think is best to start with. also the key is realizing theres no one all be all treatment. you need to stay dedicated. by doing things and trying things atleast you are doing something. you can gain improvements from simply using exfoliation peels week after week over the course of years. its over whelming to think you have to work at this month after month for how ever long it takes. even if its 5 years whatever. but doing nothing certainly is nmot helping in anyway. try to find other forum members with rolling scars. and see what advice you can get from them. thats where you may want to start.

make no mistake about it, this takes alot of work and dedication. and mental toughness you may not think you have. but you gotta dig down deep and lace up for the long fight ahead. start taking small steps. even if its simply to form a first plan of action. its all about miving forward. any positive step torwards that is a good thing. see you around the forum and good luck getting started. keep the faith.. ;)

you gotta do some research man. scars seem to need a combination of treatments. it depends on the scaring type. they key is to research all your options as much as possible and see what you think is best to start with. also the key is realizing theres no one all be all treatment. you need to stay dedicated. by doing things and trying things atleast you are doing something. you can gain improvements from simply using exfoliation peels week after week over the course of years. its over whelming to think you have to work at this month after month for how ever long it takes. even if its 5 years whatever. but doing nothing certainly is nmot helping in anyway. try to find other forum members with rolling scars. and see what advice you can get from them. thats where you may want to start.

make no mistake about it, this takes alot of work and dedication. and mental toughness you may not think you have. but you gotta dig down deep and lace up for the long fight ahead. start taking small steps. even if its simply to form a first plan of action. its all about miving forward. any positive step torwards that is a good thing. see you around the forum and good luck getting started. keep the faith.. ;)

I seem to let these things slip my mind. You see, 9 or 10 months ago my skin was getting severe but I kept living my destructive lifestyle and putting on makeup and avoiding taking care of it properly. My skin looked awful, even with makeup. I decided I wanted to live and not kill myself through drugs but I knew before I could I'd have to nurture myself back to health, which was 8 months ago. I changed my ways and remained patient for it to get better - it was so severe I couldn't wear makeup and I had to stop washing my face for a week because every time I did, no matter how gentle, things would pop and spread. My acne is under control and I recently started wearing makeup and trying to live again, but the skin texture is awful, just like 10 months ago. This is my parabola paradox.

I used a 2mm dermaroller for the first time last week and I plan on doing it every 6 weeks. Unfortunately my face is riddled with acne post marks, but Finacea, lemon juice and time should take care of it, plus I finally found a makeup that covers them. My healthy lifestyle has boosted my immune system, and one of the vitamins I plan to begin soon(I named it in my signature) is known for aiding in reducing scar tissue.

I suppose my mind has been reminded of 10 months ago, just this time I'm full of ambition and dedication. This time I want to do something. Before I didn't care about anything so I figured it was a consequence of it so I didn't mind wearing it and I thought it wouldn't be difficult to take care of when I had the initiative, but now I take excellent care of myself and and take great pride in diligence and health. I want to look the way I feel and the way I treat my body.

Thanks for pulling me out of my head and delivering me some logic, munsoned. I appreciate it more than you can fathom.