Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
accutane_acne

Ken_Accutane LOGs

I finally get to try this out.

I am 21 years old and weigh 165 pounds. Currently suffer from moderate to severe acne and have hated them every since i started getting them. I used to live abroad with a lower medical coverage and couldn afford to see a doctor. I have tried almost every off the counter medication from washes to creams and different combos, nothing seemed to have worked.

Last year, my doctor in the US prescribed me minocycline ( anti biotics). this seemed to have cleared up my skin a little but as soon as i stopped it. it all came right back. so this time my doctor prescribed accutane. i have to take it once a day (40mg). and hopefully it would end my acne problem. Life is only so short and i want to live it with confidence.

I am creating a log to enter my daily/weekly experiences with accutane.

Day 1

Finally took accutane and didnt seem to notice and difference (obv).

Day 3,

I feel some a slight pain in my bones, dont know if it completly related to accutane or just the cold weather.Since houston dosent usually reach 32 F. no dry lips as off yet.

Hope this ends all my misery. 6 months is a long time. but i will have to be patient. but i would need some encouragement to continue the course.

lets see how it goes.

You guys have a good day

Ken

Day 6- I havent been feeling any of the side effects so far. I should be able to go on like this for 6 months. I have one small breakout above my cheek but it dosent look tat bad. I hope the IB isnt as bad for me.