Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
truckg

Low/Ultra-Low Dose Accutane - So Cal Doc recommendation?

I'm interested in a low/ultralow dose of Accutane for my acne because I'm concerned about the possible side effects from a higher dose treatment. My dermatologist (who I like and think is very good) does not have a lot of experience in the low and ultra-low dosage treatments, and she seems to question whether a low dose (like 10mg/day or every other day) would even be effective at all, though she seemed willing to give it a try. She also seems to minimize the side effects of Accutane when talking about the drug, though I know firsthand what those side effects were like on high dosages (I was on the drug about 10 years ago).

My question is... is anyone familiar with a southern Calif dermatologist who has experience with, and is very willing to prescribe, low dose Accutane treatments? Having a dermatologist who is on the same page as the patient makes such a difference. I'm going to be in this fight (against acne) for the long haul, and I think it would be nice to have a partner (dermatologist) who can really understand my concerns.

If it's against forum rules to post Dr. names on here... please feel free to send me a private message. Thank you very much in advance for any help!