Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wiscoguy28

moisturizer

I know flakiness and peeling is a big deal. I'm dealing with it right now! With that said, I have a question regarding the application of moisturizer. In every article about facial care, or skin care in general, it specifies that the purpose of moisturizers is to retain moisture. So, wouldn't it make sense to apply the moisturizer immediatley upon applying BP, instead of waiting for the skin to become dry and lacking the moisture to be retained? Any thoughts? Comments?

I think the wait time is for the BP to successfully absorb inside your skin. I think if you applied the moisterizer with the BP, it might not work as well. And usually for me, whenever my skin decides to flake up, it doesn't for a good 30 minutes or so. I usually only moisturize once a day, which is after my showers. The steam from a shower is seemingly the only thing that dries my face up.

You need your skin to be dry so it would absorb moisture. After drying it out with Benzoyl Peroxide, the skin will be in need for water, so the minute your skin becomes dry and you put a chosen moisturizer on, it would instantly absorb it. If you put it along with BP it would be all mushy like.

Edit: Geez, i have 200 post already, what do i need to do in order to become a Veteran Member..

Edit: Geez, i have 200 post already, what do i need to do in order to become a Veteran Member..

I could be wrong, but I think you only need 150 posts. But you also need to be a member for a certain length of time (two months, maybe?), so just be patient. ; )

Your skin has a natural moisture barrier, bp breaks it down. Moisturizer replenishes it. I have no idea why you think the bp should still be wet for the moisturizer to accomplish its purpose...

i think its actually best when the BP is dried because after it's dried, the moisturizer goes on smoothly without bumping around with the BP, and also you feel it absorb sooo much bettter