Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rooo

A little confused - doubts

Hi,

I have a little acne in my face and much more in my chest. The chest acne started 3-4 years ago and has been improving in the last months but it`s still there. The face acne is not bad but it`s very persistent. I always have 4 or 5 pimples.

I started reading the post here and I read a lot but there´s so much info, so many dietary things to do, so many vitamins and supplements to take that honestly I don`t know where to start.

For example I remember in July-August I quit diary for around 35-40 days and the acne didn`t improve at all.

Do you think that a nutricionist or some kind of doctor could help me to make a diet that could improve acne? I would have to find a nutricionist (or whatever) that knows all the things that are posted here or any nutricionist should know some tips, some things to do in order to improve acne?

Thanks

I'd rather spend money on a full panel allergy test, than waste money on a nutritionist.

I'd rather spend money on a full panel allergy test, than waste money on a nutritionist.

but it could happen that my acne is an allergic reaction to something?

thanks for replying

Yes, acne can be caused from an allergic reaction. Also, there are many other foods that seem to have an effect on acne.

The main foods that people have sensitivities/intolerances to are eggs, nuts, dairy, gluten/wheat, soy, and citrus fruits.

The foods that are bad for acne in general are:

-Gluten/wheat

-Sugar

-Dairy and soy

-Hydrogenated oils and all vegetable oils (coconut and olive oil are fine)

-Refined grains

-Starchy vegetables

-Caffeine

Best of luck, hope I helped :)

Yeah, it's possible.

I'm sure more people would be willing to offer suggestions or advice if you provided some more info.

How old are you?

Do you exercise (aerobic, anaerobic, stretching, etc.)?

Are you overweight? Are you underweight?

Do you get enough sleep? Do you sleep late?

Is there a lot of stress in your life?

Are you using topicals and creams?

Are you on medications or do any drugs? do you smoke?

Do you eat any of the common allergens (dairy, wheat, soy, nuts/legumes, treenuts, shellfish, citrus fruit, nightshades, etc)?

Do you eat a lot of sugar? caffeine? fruits? junk food? vegetable oils?

Actually, what's your diet like? Do you consume a lot of carbs? Is your diet alkaline?

Do you have any digestive issues?

Does your tongue have a white coating?

Anyway, for body acne, i hear the occasional epsom salt bath helps. But, it's better to get to the root of the problem.

They could, but it would be hard to find good help. Better to try an elimination diet. You can either avoid foods or groups of foods for several weeks to see if there's an improvement, or you could eat a very hypoallergenic diet for a while to see if there's an improvement, then start adding things back in.

And food sensitivities are not necessarily allergies so they wouldn't show up on any allergy test. There are two types of allergic responses and it's very hard to find info or get tested for one of them, the one most likely to cause acne. And the tests aren't very accurate.

WHfoods.org Elimination diet plan to determine food sensitivities

2 types of allergic reactions

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/forums.html...0416

Hypoallergenic foods listed on whfoods.org are:

* Apples

* Sesame Seeds

* Lamb

* Pears

* Winter Squash

* Sweet Potatoes

* Cherries

* Carrots

* Rice

And I have the whfoods book and it has a few more foods in the list such as Cod, garlic, onions and for some reason lemon without explanation seeing as citrus is a common allergen. Although, I get cysts from oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, and key limes, but I've been able to use quite a bit of lemon and other limes without a problem.

Note that there are groups of foods that don't seem related but could have a substance that is a common issue. Such as: (from whfoods.org)

Tyramine

Reactions to tyramine (an amino acid-like molecule) or phenylalanine (another amino acid-like molecule) can result from eating the following foods:

* Fermented cheeses

* Sausage

* Chocolate

* Sour Cream

* Red wine

* Avocado

* Beer

* Raspberries

* Yeast

* Picked Herring

Symptoms of tyramine intolerance can include urticaria (hives), angioedema (localized swelling due to fluid retention), migraines, wheezing, and even asthma. In fact, some researchers suggest that as many as 20 percent of migraines are caused by food intolerance or allergy, and tyramine intolerance is one of the most common of these toxic food responses.

(I think they meant to say aged cheeses because I think all cheese is fermented by definition.)