Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr.Bubbles

AHA does not sting or anything

does that mean its not working? I started using it 2 days ago, and i didn't feel any stinging or tingly sensation at all. Does this mean the product is not working? Also i was wondering if i can use it 3 times a day. ex. once in the morning, once in the late afternoon, and once at night.

does that mean its not working? I started using it 2 days ago, and i didn't feel any stinging or tingly sensation at all. Does this mean the product is not working? Also i was wondering if i can use it 3 times a day. ex. once in the morning, once in the late afternoon, and once at night.

hey im in the same position as you. i think for me it's still working. I introduced aha into my regimen a month after starting and i don't feel anything at all but it seems to be helping with my acne. I only use it once a day.

3 times a day is going to be really irritating and could possibly cause you to break out more. Dan himself only uses AHA once a day (Nightly), because he says it irritates his skin to use it more than that. I only use it nightly too, because it would probably aggravate my skin too much. You don't always feel a stinging sensation when AHA is applied. I never really have at all, but I think that has to do with how sensitive your skin is.`Different skin responds differently.

3 times a day is going to be really irritating and could possibly cause you to break out more. Dan himself only uses AHA once a day (Nightly), because he says it irritates his skin to use it more than that. I only use it nightly too, because it would probably aggravate my skin too much. You don't always feel a stinging sensation when AHA is applied. I never really have at all, but I think that has to do with how sensitive your skin is.`Different skin responds differently.

well i currently use it twice a day, but only on the weekend ( once in the morning, once at night) but once on weekdays. I have light acne, and i didn't breakout or have any initial purges while using AHA. The only thing i'm trying to accomplish with AHA is to get rid of red marks/scars and to even out my skin tone.

You can't judge how well a product works by whether it stings or not. Lots of acne product manufacturers that sell cream washes and salicylic acid pads will put eucalyptus, mint, or alcohol in their products to trick you into thinking they're cleaning deep into your pores or whatever, but all they're doing is irritating your skin. Now, AHA does initially cause mild stinging for a lot of people because of how it works (and not because of extra ingredients), but it might not for people with fairly insensitive skin. If it doesn't sting, that's by no means a bad sign--it just means either your skin isn't very sensitive or you're not using enough to bother yours.

Stinging doesn't occur to every one that uses AHA. Also stinging can be felt later. For example, for me it was felt 4 days later. Once your skin adapts to AHA you won't feel stinging, unless you shave etc then you will feel the sting on the shaved skin.

I actually wanted to ask this question too. In his vids, Dan always says that stinging is a good sign for AHA, but my stinging stopped after a month, so no matter how much I apply, the AHA doesn't sting anymore. Thus, I was concerned that the AHA formula lost its potency or is not fresh since I got it etc..