Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seductiveartistica

Combining Laser with Dermarolling to Maximize Benefits

I'm getting Pixel soon for the second time. I was thinking of either dermarolling two weeks before the laser or two weeks after or dermarolling two weeks before and after. I would think this would maximize the benefits of the laser. Is it safe? Has anyone tried this?

I have taken a little different approach. I had Fraxel Repair done in May at 70mj 60%. I waited a month and then rolled for 12 weeks straight with the 1.5mm Dr Roller. I used Super Cop 2x before and after rolling, and I continue to use Super Cop 3 days a week and Super CP Serum daily. I have my 2nd Repair scheduled for Jan 8, and I have begun using a 660/880nm Dual LED Array.

whoa dudley thats alot of treatment

are you giving your skin resting time of at least a month between rolls? And how have your improvements been thus far?

Thanks

Crzyakta, I haven't rolled in 2 weeks in preparation for the Re:pair in Jan. I have seen improvement, partly from the Repair, part from the SRCPs and part from the Dr Roller. I have just started the LED so I haven't formed an opinion yet. Hopefully I won't need another Repair, but I am quite prepared, but I have learned over time to temper my expectations. I had 2 non acne scars on my nose and forehead that I can hardly see after the Repair. These 2 scars were not even a consideration when electing Re:pair, but I was a bit shocked when they all but dissappeared.

I'm going to give the combo a try. I'll report my results, I got 30% at least from my last Pixel, if I work in dermarolling that'll be even more. Now these rolling scars are STUBBORN most of my improve is my shallow ice picks. I had subcision in June on my rolling scars. I'm very happy you're seeing improvement Dudley, I wish you luck with your next laser session.