Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dacheese

A sunscreen that doesnt make my face shiny

I am not really on the regimen but since i use alot of dans products i figured this is the proper place to put this question. My skin is naturally pretty oily but with the fish oil supplements it has decreased dramatically. I know that the shinyness i am getting is not from the oil on my face but from the sunscreen i put on in the morning. I used aveeno face spf 30 currently. It doesnt clog my pores but it leaves my face shiny and i have to clean it up with oil absorbing sheets. ANy suncreens that leave your face nice and matte after applying?

Physical sunblocks with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide will go on a bit chalkier and more matte than chemical sunblocks (avobenzone, etc.) The sunblock I use, Banana Boat Baby SPF 50, is a physical sunblock and doesn't go on shiny at all. You just have to be a bit patient when applying it since it will look startlingly white at first, but eventually absorbs and looks normal.