Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
claudedebussy

Can't apply the BP in the morning

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct place i apologise if i've posted in the wrong forum.

Basically i've been applying a Benzoyl Peroxide gel once a day before i go to bed after washing. I've tried to apply the BP in a morning as well but i keep getting really dry skin even with moisturizer so during the day i've been applying a 4% Nicotinoamide gel which is supposed to work effectively.

The BP has been really effective for me during the evening as i wake up with barely any new spots however during the day i cannot seem to control the condition with the Nicotinoamide. I would really like to be able to apply the BP in a morning but it does make my skin really dry and i'd rather not have to put up with two conditions at once.

So my question is, will my skin eventually get used to BP? if so how long should i wait before i try applying in a morning again?

Thanks

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct place i apologise if i've posted in the wrong forum.

Basically i've been applying a Benzoyl Peroxide gel once a day before i go to bed after washing. I've tried to apply the BP in a morning as well but i keep getting really dry skin even with moisturizer so during the day i've been applying a 4% Nicotinoamide gel which is supposed to work effectively.

The BP has been really effective for me during the evening as i wake up with barely any new spots however during the day i cannot seem to control the condition with the Nicotinoamide. I would really like to be able to apply the BP in a morning but it does make my skin really dry and i'd rather not have to put up with two conditions at once.

So my question is, will my skin eventually get used to BP? if so how long should i wait before i try applying in a morning again?

Thanks

yeah your skin get used to it but youre gonna have to put up with the dryness for a bit :(. Why dont you start slow, like putting a little bit in the morning and then increase it gradually.

Try using just a tiny bit of BP in the mornings (in addition to your normal amount at night) and slowly increase it from there. It sounds like your current moisturizer isn't cutting it, so I would recommend getting a different moisturizer or beefing up your current one with jojoba oil.

Ok thanks, i've been using Nivea for men moisturizer. Not really sure what peoples thoughts are on this brand but it was fairly expensive in comparison to others.

I'll try applying small amounts though thanks for the advice!