Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys, if you have oily skin right now and thinking about a treatment with Benzoyl Peroxide or Glycolic Acid or any type of "ACID" you are doing yourelf a huge disfavor.

I recently went 5 days using a product that contained these things, i have an oily T-zone and i already get dry after showers and really oily about 6 hours after i took the shower. BP made my problem even WORSE. Please if you are thinking about using any consmetics with this stuff and already have oily/dry skin .. avoid like the plaGue!!!

peace

adam

hey guys, if you have oily skin right now and thinking about a treatment with Benzoyl Peroxide or Glycolic Acid or any type of "ACID" you are doing yourelf a huge disfavor.

I recently went 5 days using a product that contained these things, i have an oily T-zone and i already get dry after showers and really oily about 6 hours after i took the shower. These chemicals made my face even MORE DRY and EVEN MORE OILY. please if you are thinking about using any consmetics with this stuff and already have oily/dry skin .. avoid like the plaGue!!!

peace

adam

So what do you do? Just cleanser and moisturizer?

right now im just taking a shower once a day at the same times (usually), a short cold shower (heat and steam makes my dry skin even worse) and i use a organic soap and shampoo at the moment. Im also using a moisturizer before i take a shower. Im alot better than i was, my forehead doesnt feel like a thick sandpaper anymore (BP abuse).

Err, It may just be that your skin is uber sensitive? Try using a sulfer treatment instead. It smells, but helps reduce redness and irritation. Although, I use BP all the time and it doesnt, er, ruin my life.

BP ruined your life in 5 days? No offense but I doubt that unless you had a reaction to it which is rare...I think it's more likely the acid you used, it was probably too strong.

Lol, guys, I relied on BP too for a months and even years to clear my acne out. But what did that do to me? Even if my face became clear every now and then it is still pale, dull and lifeless looking face! And on top of that, acne never goes away with BP! Read my log and see for yourself.

Wanna rely on BP for the rest of your life? Then good luck and be eaten by the pleasure of a short term solution!

BP ruined your life in 5 days? No offense but I doubt that unless you had a reaction to it which is rare...I think it's more likely the acid you used, it was probably too strong.

No i didnt say "bp ruined my life" after kicking BP my life is quite fine actuually, however i said "bp will ruin your life", and from looking at some of the theards here on this forum im pretty sure it has ruined peoples lives. I really think Dan is no better then the people like Dr. Neal, whom scam you out of alot of money to only provide you the harshest chemical for skin and thats BP and other Acids and sulfur. etc.

HEED MY WARNINGS PEOPLE WHO HAVENt USED BP, your face will hate you forever.

No i didnt say "bp ruined my life" after kicking BP my life is quite fine actuually, however i said "bp will ruin your life", and from looking at some of the theards here on this forum im pretty sure it has ruined peoples lives. I really think Dan is no better then the people like Dr. Neal, whom scam you out of alot of money to only provide you the harshest chemical for skin and thats BP and other Acids and sulfur. etc.

HEED MY WARNINGS PEOPLE WHO HAVENt USED BP, your face will hate you forever.

Who is Dr. Neal? lol

Glycolic and Benzoyl Peroxide hadruined my face last year, but when I became optimistic and enthusiastic about following a strict regimen, [implicating Daniel Kern and Dr. Leslie Baumann's advices] I can now say, I am having a DANG good time managing my acne CURRENTLY. :dance:

Cleanse 2x daily, am and pm. Resist to cleanse more than two times.

Don't forget: Sunscreen outside, Moisturize always!

Please if you are thinking about using any consmetics with this stuff and already have oily/dry skin .. avoid like the plaGue!!!

peace

adam

It looks like your problem is very unique and rare. So many people use BP to great results. The only problem is finding a good moisturizer that's not greasy but not too light

oh my gosh, that's terrible! i feel for you. but honestly, you most likely had a severe side affect/reaction/allergic reaction. this doesn't happen often, and i'm very sorry what benzoyl peroxide did to you, but don't bash it because this isn't the case for everyone.

i remember using prescribed BP. it worked, but I missed a day or stopped, I broke out. I chose not to rely on any drugs. Who wants to pay for and expose your body to drugs forever?

I've been using mostly natural products and watching what I eat. after 10 years of acne I have it under control.

Sure I slack off and eat junk, drink, and/or not keep up my routine... but the minor breakouts from doing that are nothing to what I suffered from using various drugs fro my skin.

if you speak with alot of people who have used BP for years..it can cause a ton of long term damage to your skin..go speak to people who have acne scaring and you may be suprised at how many of them used BP for 5, or 10 or more years and the stories they can tell you about how the BP effected there skin...it buries damage in your skin and eventually it will surface..it scars pores and creates scars under the skin..

I am not saying this will happen for every user, I dont know how it effects everybody..all I am saying is I researched this in great length because I had suspicions about this stuff because of my own use with it..it was not until I spoke to a few handfull of people who confirmed what I was dealing with..now I have spoken to alot of long time users who wish they never touched the stuff..

I know alot of BP users will read this and get upset..my goal is not to anger people but only to share what I know..

this is a quote from a Dr.. about BP..

"I Never use any product that contains benzoyl peroxide - many people

report that long term use of benzoyl peroxide causes lumpy skin and more

scarring. In 1995 the FDA changed benzoyl peroxide from a Category I

(safe) to a Category III (safety is uncertain) ingredient and stated

this action was based on new information that raised a safety concern

regarding benzoyl peroxide as a tumor promoter in mice".

I really do believe everything is based on genes, for example, Clearasil cleared most of my friends skins but killed mine. It was badly red for months.

Don't come to such hasty generalizations. I'm sorry it's not doing well on your skin, but it might do wonders on others.

Everybody reacts differently to specific products. BP works fine for me, it does sting a little but other than that, so far, it has been fine for me.

People have negative things to say about every acne product out there, if we listened to everybody giving warnings about all these products we'd be left w/ no products to use on our skin.

I actually have been using the clenziderm 3-step program for several months. Some people hate that product and I read many reviews from people who had almost similar acne issues as me, who gave it very low ratings. I talked w/ my dermatologist, but she highly recommended it. I was skeptical, but it worked for me! Imagine if I let all the negative reviews stop me from this product that worked out great for me?

It may have been a bad experience for you using the BP, but for others it has helped drastically.

I am another one who had awful results with BP. I regret using this,.. this...i wish i were nasty, but i am not so i am not gonna say it. You all know what i mean.

You can read my blog, it's there.

I hate BP, for me it's like putting the most toxic thing on the world on my skin...

I am not sure yet, but i think BP caused dryness and redness to my skin. Acne still here.

I am happy for those who got results with BP, but i guess that deep under, their skin is screaming for help. Cause this is a strong thing and no matter how "tough" your skin is-it's a delicate thing.

I really didn't like the thought of putting something so rough on my skin at the first place. Guess I should always follow my instinct.

Whatever, not gonna touch BP again! Ever!

Oh, yeah, another bad thing that BP caused: FACIAL HAIR! GRR! I noticed that BP did my facial hair stronger.

ban please

made me LOL. thanks for making my day.

but yeh bp was bad for me to. made my skin go so red then dark purple and then once it finally peeled left it pink.