Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bɭesstheʄẚɭɭ

I may have found one of the causes of my acne

Ever since middle school I've began to gel my hair. It wasn't until high school (2nd semester freshman year) where acne flared up. Freshman year was bad. I didn't realize at the time, but boy it was horrible. Anyways, I'm a freshman in college, and I was predicting my skin to get better. Well at first it did, then it got progressively worse.

I noted a few big changes here and there, but one thing I did was buy a hair product called 'surf hair' and it's like this whipping cream thing that I put in before I add the 'Got 2 be glued' gel. The thing is is that I don't wash my hair before bed (and the surf hair thing is really greasy). Anyways, I think that my hair is rubbing all over my sheets and bedding. When I sleep, my face is rubbing all over the areas of where my hair was with the surf hair residue. To top it off, I don't have time to clean my sheets/bed pillows every week. I seem to wash everything about once a month, hah. Well thanksfully finals are done next week and I'll be home thursday where I can go back into ketosis, and I'll see if low-carb diet + washing my hair before bed will clear me up by Jan 18th. I will post a before and after pic.

It seems like once I started adding that stuff into my hair, my acne has gotten progressivley worse.

Before pic attached.

post-60246-1229242137_thumb.jpg

post-60246-1229242137_thumb.jpg