Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melodie

ACNE IS CURABLE!!!!

It would be a sin if I didnt come back here to share my success with everyone. I basically figured out on my own through much hours of research and trial and error how to get rid of my acne. I'll try to make a long story short and get right to how clear your skin. A little about my acne problem, my acne actually started at 18 from 18 to 22 it was horrifying and really bad, I had used every thing under the sun, proactiv worked for a while but in the end made the acne worse and dried out my skin. Well here I am now I will be turning 28 in January and my skin looks great, I only get maybe one spot around my period but most of the time my face is clear and I look good without makeup. Luckily I dont have much scarring because I did have severe cystic acne a couple years ago all over my face and my jaw area. I only have one indented scar but it is not noticable only to me. Anyway hers what I learned, we all have sensitive skin!!! Even men, most products for acne are loaded with chemicals and fragrance and are way to irritating to the skin. I think I tried every acne product known to man and none ever gave me good long lasting results and most made the acne and dryness even worse. So I quit using topicals, I slowly cut them out of my routine to where I was using nothin but cetaphil to help remove eye makeup and mineral powder. I only wash my face at night now and not even every night. Honestly it took a while atleast a few months of not using topicakls to see the acne going away. It takes time for the skin to shed and renew and recover from the topicals!! If I knew then what I know know I would of never suffered with acne. A lot of people will say its not the makeup or its not the face wash and then you start to go crazy because you wonder why the hell do I have acne then? If you have acne only on your face something you are putting on your face is causing it! Whether its makeup or face wash or shaving cream!!! I have a life now, I had such bad acne I wouldnt even leave my house and slowly over the past 2 years since my skin has cleared up I got my life back. It will take time but if you start using gentle healthy things on your skin over time the acne will fade more and more!!!! The only things I have used on my face are cetaphil face wash and lotion,acv,aloe vera gel, and now a month ago I started using Loreal Transformance cause it has antiaging benefits with vitamin c. Ofcourse drinking water,eating mostly healthy, and vitamins help as well, they help in not only keeping your skin clear but in healing scars as well. I just had to share my story, Im so happy to have my life back and be able to look in the mirror and say I look good today!!!! If I can help anyone, feel free to contact me. Good luck and god bless everyone I know your pain all to well but you can have clear skin ACNE CAN BE CURED!!!!!!! :dance::catdance::banana::boogie::xmas:

When I still had acne I was applying it to my whole face, now Im just applying it to the area where I have scarring. You can buy a plant or buy the clear aloe vera gel from the pharmacy. I forgot to add anyone using acv which is apple cidar vinegar, please dilute it, full strength can be irritating so if you use the acv put it in a plastic bottle half acv half water and apply with a cotton ball. How old are you Smarterchild?

my skin is extremely sensitive, it hates BP and cleansers and exfoliants... i use organic soap but i think its drying out my skin. does that soap wash cetafil dry out the skin? what kind og aloe vera gel should i get (brand name). thanks, i was thinking about getting jojoba oil.

How/what do you use for shaving?

Thats a good question Im a girl so I dont shave my face, I recomend dove soap the sensitive skin type cause its fragrance free, my boyfriend uses that cause he also has skin problems if he uses the wrong products.

my skin is extremely sensitive, it hates BP and cleansers and exfoliants... i use organic soap but i think its drying out my skin. does that soap wash cetafil dry out the skin? what kind og aloe vera gel should i get (brand name). thanks, i was thinking about getting jojoba oil.

I use Fruit of the Earth aloe vera its clear, I've been using it for over 2 years now. You guys will love cetaphil, youll have to get used to it cause it has no scent, no tingly feeling but thats good cause it is gentle on the skin. It does not dry out my skin, you only need to use it once maybe twice a day. I dont wash my face in the morning, and I only use face wash at night if I wore face powder. Some days I just wash my face in the shower with the water and thats it! Im not sure about jojoba oil, I was gonna try it years ago but read it could clog pores so I decided not to try it.

I am glad that regimen works for you. The no-cleansing method does not in any way work for all, I must remind people that not all things work for everyone. The no-cleansing makes my skin worse by far.

Same here, Wynne. Without medication, my skin dives straight into hell.

But to the OP, again, congrats on finding a treatment that DID work for you. So many of us are still searching!

Along the same lines... I never use anything on my face to cleanse or for treatment anymore. Just eye makeup remover. Kinda gross, but whenever I use anything I get bad skin! I am also on 150mg of Spiro and Sprintec so I know that helps too, but I have talked to a lot of girls who tell me the same thing (and they have nice skin naturally). It's hard to stop using stuff, goes against everything we have learned.

I ALSO recommend aloe vera gel,

buy "gillette shaving gel for sensitive skin (with aloe vera)" AND palmer's coca butter and apply every 3 days,

wash face with water

use the gel

massage into face / any area into a lather (foamy)

leave for like 5 minutes

take a shower

use coca butter on ur face

relax...

do it every 3 days.. if u are doing with whlist having a breakout then jus give the procedure 1 or 2 weeks to see if the acne becomes reduced..

on the other days DONT apply anything else, this will only increase irratation/ dryness etc,

i have been using it for the last 6 months or so, and it has minised my acne , and my face looks alot beter, but i stil havent found a girlfriend because now i suffer from a gram-negative recurring infection in the back of my head :(....

but buy "gillette shaving gel for sensitive skin (with aloe vera)" AND palmer's coca butter and apply every 3 days, even if ur a girl jus get ur brothers or dads or steal ur uncles/ cousins', i think it is really good,

im not sure if it will work with young teens but its definately worth a shot...

chemicals hurt after a while and ur body becomes dependent onit most the time, the products above seem to be really safe and dont dry out the skin

please give me a message if u have any questions regarding this,

congratulations melodie! I have to agree with some others though, that some of us do need topicals. Do you think it's possible that given your age your acne would have gone away naturally anyway? I definitely think that certain products can make acne worse, esp. if they are drying out your skin, so perhaps the products you were using were just prolonging your acne. I've tried using only gentle products but that just didn't work for me unfortunately :( I'm very happy for you though!

Excellent result Melodie! I know many resort to oral/topical medication but they should really give an "anti-chemical" approach a shot. Some people need the medication to curb the acne but they should attempt to maybe better their lifestyle (proper nutritional intake, cut down on junk food, exercise, practice clean habit, avoid chemical exposure on skin) and see how it goes. And remember it's not a fast process, it may take up a few months before seeing results but it's well worth it!

All the acne products I used did nothing but make my skin worse!Ive been using all natural stuff honey,acv,stuff like that for the past almost 3 years and my skin has gone from severe acne to clear,I only get a breakout around my period now but nothing major!I got my life back and Im currently in school now,acne really held me back from my dreams,I thank god or the universe that it is gone!

So true, acne is completely and permanently curable as long as you treat the actual problems causing it instead of worrying about "oil, skin, and bacteria"

congrats on getting clear and staying clear. I tried only washing my face for several months before and i did nothing for me :/ I had to use a specific face wash and product to bring my moderate acne now to non inflammed acne. Congrats on your success!

congratulations melodie.. I am 27 years old and have started to get acne when i turned 26, a year now. It's just so frustrating..I haven't been big on the "natural ways" but i did try some. I've worked around hospital settings and i've really been exposed to fast results, so i resorted to antibiotics (oral and topicals, and i'm afraid i've grown resistant.. since when i do have infections, they prescribe me stronger antibiotics) I just really hope mine clears up too..=(

congratulations melodie.. I am 27 years old and have started to get acne when i turned 26, a year now. It's just so frustrating..I haven't been big on the "natural ways" but i did try some. I've worked around hospital settings and i've really been exposed to fast results, so i resorted to antibiotics (oral and topicals, and i'm afraid i've grown resistant.. since when i do have infections, they prescribe me stronger antibiotics) I just really hope mine clears up too..=(

Ive taken antibiotics alot in my life but for bronchitis,I learned not to take to much,I asked the doctor and he even admitted to me its not good to take them for too long cause they will also go after the good bacteria in your system! Im actually scared of pills cause I am one of those people that had a very bad reaction to accutane when I was 19!!! Depending on whether your skin is oily,dry or combination skin theres many natural stuff you can use that works better then any of the specifically for acne products. I went through a lot of trial and error. Who would think to put apple cidar vinegar on their face! Lol,I am a product junkie so it was strange for me to stop using all those foamy tingly skin products that we think are gonna help our skin. I wish I knew then what I know now!!! What type o skin do you have?

To scared to try this.

I know how you feel,I had been using bp for like 6 or 7 years,it worked off and on but it seemed to be the only thing that worked. I stopped using it cause my skin was getting so dry,even with moisturizer my skin was very dry. Also I realized my mom,my sister,all my aunts and my gramma have good skin but they never used anything on their skin well atleast not bp or anything like that. So I slowly weened it out of my care routine but I was worried my skin would be even worse! I basically replaced the bp with aloe vera,acv,steaming and I was using the hot water dip method with epsom salt.

Hey Melodie, do you know if using ACV in a 50/50 solution (50 water 50 acv) twice may make your skin more sensitive to the sun or have somewhat of a drying effect? I moisturize with unrefined shea afterward. ;)

I very much agree with you that the less product you use the less breakouts. I always been very paranoid to try it but after 2 years of trial and error, its the only explanation I come up with. Thinking back, the best skin I ever had for the last 2 years was when I was hospitalised for 2 weeks and did not have any thing to use on my face besides cetaphil cleanser. I am trying that same routine right now with lemon juice on occassion to see how it goes. Its bit early to draw any conclusions but I will definitely reply back to let people know how that goes in the long term.