Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JFerreira23

Alpha Lipoic Acid

I'm sure this question has been asked before, however I was unable to find a satisfactory answer.

I have heard that this ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) Is an extraordinary anti detoxant, so I purchased some. I'm just curious as to what the daily dosages should be. Any help would be much appreciated.

ALA is decent stuff, melatonin is perhaps the best antioxidant and your body releases this upon your eyes sensing darkness, think of darkness and sleep as natures best medicine!

Also following a Calorie Restricted diet will reduce the amounts of oxidants in your body as well, too many calories produce oxidants that over load the bodys natural antioxidant defense systems.

I don't know. I think I am talking about the same supplement. Read that thread and see what you guys think. I could easily be wrong about it. I have never taken ALA.

If this is any good at all and catches on, get ready to start hearing bad news about taking this supplement. It's scary how much money there is too be made off bad skin....

I'm sure this question has been asked before, however I was unable to find a satisfactory answer.

I have heard that this ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) Is an extraordinary anti detoxant, so I purchased some. I'm just curious as to what the daily dosages should be. Any help would be much appreciated.

Alpha lipoic acid from supplements is rapidly absorbed, rapidly metabolized, and rapidly cleared from plasma and tissues, suggesting that it should be taken in divided doses throughout the day, rather than in a single daily dose. Recommendations for the use of alpha lipoic acid as an antioxidant can range from 50 mg/day to 400 mg/day. In the only published study to examine the antioxidant effects of alpha-lipoic acid in healthy humans, 600 mg/day for 4 months significantly decreased several biomarkers of oxidative stress compared to baseline [22].

However, the antioxidant effects of lower doses have not been well studied in humans. Recommended dosages of alpha lipoic acid as an antioxidant can range from 100mg to 300mg daily, which could set you back between $10 and $30.