Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GFoed020

I honestly think we see something different in the mirror

I've honestly been pretty bummed about my acne lately, thinking it's pretty bad (my acne is fairly mild since I've been on the Regimen, but to me mild is still not acceptable for me). I honestly think though that when I (and most other people here) look in the mirror we see something much worse than what everyone else sees. To prove my point. I was at my sister's basketball game the other day (I'm home from college), and I saw this absolutely gorgeous girl who happens to be my age (I'm not just saying it, she's literally a knockout) and thought I had no chance. Well guess who I'm going to the movies with Wednesday night :D (and she approached me!!)?

No I'm not trying to brag or anything, I'm just stating that see guys it is possible to date when you have acne.

When you're looking at the mirror you focus on your acne; it looks much worse than it is. Not to mention light reflecting of the mirror on to your face gives you a bright view.

It's fairly possible to date when you have acne. Unfortunately, some people put acne suffers down, which kills their self-esteem. That's the problem.

Forget acne or scarring, I just find mirrors weird in general. I feel like I have no idea what I look like.

Maybe your just super lucky and you found the one girl in the world that has an acne fetish. Ahh, she would have found me so hot when I was 16.

Good luck on your date, don't get too excited

Forget acne or scarring, I just find mirrors weird in general. I feel like I have no idea what I look like.

Maybe your just super lucky and you found the one girl in the world that has an acne fetish. Ahh, she would have found me so hot when I was 16.

Good luck on your date, don't get too excited

Haha thanks. Yeah I agree with some of you guys, I actually just got out of a two year relationship earlier this year so I think I'll be ok. The thing is that after I got out of the relationship I got more self conscious about my acne. So I think I'll be ok, I'm just happy because she's so gorgeous haha, hopefully she's as pretty on the inside as she is on the outside.

I agree, we see something completely different.

My friend had always been shy and everything, and I never figured out why, until she told me that she couldn't stand her acne anymore and it had been ruining her life.

I HAD NEVER NOTICED SHE HAD ACNE.

When I looked at her, all I saw was MY friend, not a person with acne. The day she told me was the first day I actually noticed that she did have acne. (and I've known her since the 3rd grade)

Seriously, we think most people are there to judge us and to stare at our skin, but most people who are passing by us will most likely notice our smile, or the color of our eyes...

So don't put yourself down, if you think you are beautiful, other people will too.

lol couldnt agree more about mirrors..it depends on the mirror and the lighting there though..i have got no problem with talking to girls, my acne is actually quite bad aswell..only thing is i can never bring myself to actually ask them out or show any sign that i like them in that way..because i personally at some points found my acne repulsive..and immagine thats what they might think also, hence i'd rather avoid the dissapointment. it sucks i know...on the other hand..without acne. i can immagine myself actually being a totally cocky, confident basterd lol because thats what i use to be prior to acne...HOPE I CHANGE WHEN IT CLEARS..amen.

I've often wondered how my skin would be if there were no mirrors or if I were blind... maybe I've made my skin worse by analyzing it too much and treating it w too many topicals, picking, etc. And of course people like you in spite of it and of course it doesn't look as bad to them. I always dated gorgeous guys and one married me(: I am beautiful... I am just hard on myself about imperfections, as we all here are. We go around thinking only about the acne, when we are packages with beautiful eyes, beautiful hair, awesome bodies, interesting personalities, great smiles... etc.

I can look completely different. I suffer from alot of red marks on my chin i mean alot and then only a couple above my mouth area. in the morning in my bathroom mirror when the light shines through the window i look CRAP, so ugly. yet in the evening when i look in the same mirror with the light on I look quite good and i can't really notice my acne.

I often wonder about this too. Often times I find myself surprised at beautiful people wanting to talk to me and be near me, because all I ever think about is my acne. As Nike said, every one of us knows exactly where each and every zit and red we have are located, and we think about them non-stop. In reality, when I look at other people who have about the same level of acne as me, I typically find myself thinking it isn't bad at all.

I think the severity of the acne is a factor. I understand that people don't look for acne when looking at you and so might not see what you see in the mirror. However if it is there then you will see it yourself and that's all what someone needs to feel bad about themselves.