Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
silversunpickup

My Lumenis UltraPulse Encore Total FX Experience

I did the Total FX on Thursday 12-11-08. It was $2250. The doc did active fx all over first, then he put the numbing cream on, and this helped it to penetrate deeper to prepare for the deep fx. After letting me numb for an hour, he did the deep fx on the areas with substantial scarring. (Anywhere you see blood in the pic is where he did the deep) After the deep fx, more numbing cream was applied, and then he did another full-face pass with the active fx. The treatment was intense, but tolerable with some meds. More pics to come each day..

12-12-08

Day 1

post-80580-1229216987_thumb.jpg

12-13-08

Day 2 (starting to peel a little bit)

post-80580-1229217015_thumb.jpg

post-80580-1229216987_thumb.jpg

post-80580-1229217015_thumb.jpg

Silver, I am not seeing the intense swelling that I experienced on the 2nd day of Fraxel Repair. The dried blood always makes things look worse than they are. Do you know at what level you were treated?

I'm actually still very swollen, especially in my cheeks and my eye area (which I cut off for some anonymity) I also have been icing a lot. The treatment was done at the highest levels that were available.

I did six fraxel repairs, and I was never this swollen. My face was usually back to normal within two days of a repair. Also, there was never any bleeding. I truly believe this has effected my dermis, whereas the fraxel only effected my epidermis.

Silver, that is where the confusion comes in. Nobody has had 6 Fraxel Repair treatments because it came out in Jan 2008 and you have to wait a minimum of 5-6 months in between treatments. You probably had Fraxel Restore which has very short recovery time. Deep FX and Re:pair are comparable in intensity. By my 2nd day I was so swollen as to be almost unrecognizable. I used Cetaphil after the first week. Are you using Aquaphor now? I am scheduled for my 2nd Re:pair on Jan 8, my first was done in May. Mine was at 70mj and 60%.

your skin at the before pictures looks great, two or three very very mild scars.

people like you give me the feeling to have the worst skin ever.

you should keep away from people who have REAL problems, thank you.

you make me sick.

Ah ok, sorry about the mix-up. I did not have six repairs, definitely just the restores. Yes, I am slathering on aquaphor a couple times a day. So, how did you like the results of your first repair?

your skin at the before pictures looks great, two or three very very mild scars.

people like you give me the feeling to have the worst skin ever.

you make me sick.

Hey man go easy.... The angle the lighting was coming from in the pictures wouldn't make the scarring look it's worst. However i do agree her skin was pretty good to begin with, that doesn't mean to say it doesn't effect the original poster in a substancial way, to the point of it warrenting some form of treatment.

you make me sick.

I'm sorry you feel this way Emhfali. However, I do have moderate scarring on my cheeks and temples. And, I'm here to show the actual results, rather than the questionably perfect pictures that the doctors provide.

Silver, I believe Emhfali was just joking because your skin doesn't look bad compared to a lot of us. It is so hard to guage improvement, but I would say I got about 30% from the first Re:pair, but that is tempered by the fact that I was also using the 1.5mm Dr Roller for 12 weeks and I am using Skin Biology SRCPs daily. So I have experienced about 40-50% overall, but I am not sure what gets what percent. I have also just received my 660/880nm LED from LEDman, and I have begun a facial exercize program also. If I do post pictures, it won't be until about May when the results of the 2nd Re:pair should be final. From the look of your original photo I don't see you needing a 2nd FX.

I want to try CO2 fractional technology too but my derm said the research is too little for asian skins. He scares that it will create hyper pigmentation or permanent freckle on my skin...

and I have begun a facial exercize program also.

What do you mean by this and what do you intend to achieve? Are you saying that you are massaging your skin?

Silver, you are looking great. It that Aquafor I see on your cheeks? People who haven't had laser might wonder why your cheeks are shiney.

Pogo, just Google Facial Exercize and you will find numerous programs.

Thank you for the updates silver. I want to do this, but not sure if it's worth the cost. How are you feeling about it today- are you seeing some improvement? Maybe its too soon to tell. I hope you get the results you want.

Silver, you won't be able to evaluate your treatment for at least 3 months. You still have a lot of swelling going on, even if it doesn't seem like it. Relax and pour the moisturizer on all the time, and don't ever forget the sunblock.

So, here are some pictures from today.

It has been about 9 weeks since the treatment.

Before:

before1205_1_.bmp

After:

post-80580-1234384268_thumb.jpg

post-80580-1234383315_thumb.jpg

Improvement:

About 40%. Was it worth it? Yes! Was it everything I'd hoped for? No.

But, out of everything I've tried (Fraxel, microderm., photofacial, ect..), it is the only treatment that has given me any decent results. I will probably do another in a few months since it will be discounted considerably.

Many shallow scars are gone, my deeper cheek scars are less noticable. (If you open the before pic and the first after pic and view them side-by-side, you can see the circled cheek scar looks better) My skin tone overall is smoother, and many of the brown sun spots are gone.

(Same ones down here for some reason, just not circled)

post-80580-1234383321_thumb.jpg

before1205.bmp

post-80580-1234383315_thumb.jpg

post-80580-1234383321_thumb.jpg

before1205.bmp

before1205_1_.bmp

post-80580-1234384268_thumb.jpg

Silver, are your 9 weeks post pictures with or without foundation? If that is bare skin, the results are amazing. Even if you're wearing makeup, it's still pretty good.