Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Evolt

Best way to remove dead skin?

My skin is really dry right now and it's peeling off and it looks really bad. Is there anything that will take it off quickly, or am I just gonna have to wait for this crap to fall off by itself?

Try placing tape on your skin and pulling it off. It works wonders!

I used carpet tape, but I suppose any will do... biggrin.gif

Tape might work, but be VERY careful if you have sensitive or easily irritable skin.

For a natural method, you might want to try ripe papaya on your face for 10-15 minutes. The papain enzyme in the papaya helps to exfoliate and eats dead skin. You can also buy masks at your health food store.

Also, try not to pick and peel at your dead skin too much. If you MUST, then take a really hot shower beforehand to help loosen up the dead skin.

I'll go for the tape method.

How often do you have to do it? Does it stop flaking afterwards?

The best way is to use a exfoliator.

Yah, St Ives Scrubs are great but can be harsh if you have sensitive skin, luckily they make one for sensitive skin and a medicated one for ance prone skin. It also makes a great body scrub as well and smells so damn good, like sweet almonds. Wish I can eat it =P~

For me personally, I like the Nivea for Men Deep Cleaning Face Scrub. I find it gentle enough for me yet good at exfoliate and I use it almost everyday.

Remember to gently scrub your face in circular motions for atleast 1 minute when you exfoliate. And do it in front of a mirror.

Just to add, your skin is probably very sensitive at the moment due to all the BP. Yea better stay off the exfoliators for now and try gentler methods like the mentioned papaya or facial cream cleanser + a tea spoon of baking soda.

Guest fatman_uk

Tape Method, i use black electricians tape.

That's black tape, not tape stolen off an african tradesman...

-Gaz

lol

Seems as though it'll be sticky to me (of course)...y'know...sticky, sticky.

At the beginning of dan's regimen i did use tape but used to .. well .. to well? I nearly pulled skin off so i guess be carefull biggrin.gif I stopped doing that because it destroyed my skin never giving it time to repair.

When my skin is peeling like mad I use a scratchy type facial pad that I bought from a beauty supply store. I gently rub it over my skin in circular motions and it takes the dead skin right off and if you don't rub hard it will not irritate your skin. Try it. smile.gif

Interesting; YOu used a pad, ok and you did that when? every evening?

Here's my way of dealing with face dandruff:

A very little bit of exfoliating combined with Dan's regimen (using neutrogena extra gentle, dan's bp gel, and eucerin SKIN renewal - got the "wrong" one by accid't, but it's working!).

For exfoliating: I use noxema cleansing cloths -you know the daily facial stuff where you add a bit of water and lather it up. The cloth has two sides to it - one rough, one smooth. I Only use the smooth side, and it seems to pick up lots of flakes when I glide it over my face very gently. I only do this...once, maybe twice a week max. I found this to really work only after I began using Eucerin Skin Renewal...prior to using this, I was using Neutrogena oil free. My theory is the Neutrogena was not 'softening' the flakes enough for me, so when I tried to use the noxema cloths (even after putting warm water on my face), the flakes wouldn't really budge (they would feel thick-ish and stiff).

*I used to use oil olay daily facials Everyday, twice a day, for quite a long time (a year +). But eventually it got too irritating, and I started breaking out like mad and getting eczema. Since I stopped using the olay cloths, my face has cleared a lot. (Oh, and nowadays, I avoid using the noxema cloths over any eczema spots. Another bonus about the noxema ones: they don't have as much fragrance as olay).

Hope that helps! But I know everyone's different...good luck! 8)

I think you're asking me, and if not, oops! 8-[

And yes, I do get really red from generous amounts of bp. Recently I started using it more on my cheeks (face!), and started to get really red/hot/swollen-ish (and I'm not allergic to bp). I cut back on the amount (I was using neutrogena on the spot at the time), and the redness subsided. I've just started on dan's beautiful bp gel, and plan to ramp up the dose again. biggrin.gif

Mmm since its not possible to import Dan's new BP gel in The Netherlands I kinda stuck to the old way sad.gif