Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everyskyisblue__

i wish there was an exfoliating cleanser, dan!!

Dan,

I've been using your cleanser for about two weeks now and it's certainly a great product.

My skin is far less red and this stuff gets my makeup off better than any other cleanser I've used.

However, I feel like this stuff doesn't remove dead skin very well. I am beginning to notice bunches of little bumpy clogged pores along the side of my face. Also, I do see a lot of flaky skin right after I wash my face.

I was just wondering if you could work making a version of your cleanser with those little round plastic exfoliating beads in it.

My skin doesn't respond to chemical exfoliation (I've tried it many times), but it's always responded well to manual exfoliation. I'm sure there are many others like me who would appreciate an exfoliating cleanser.

A lot of people find exfoliating cleanser scrubs irritating. I don't use them because I don't feel like I can control how they exfoliate as well as I can with other physical methods, like using a toothbrush to brush away flakes or a washcloth. Of course, I also have pretty bad memories of the Proactiv exfoliating face wash tearing up my active inflamed acne, too.

If you really want a scrub and don't want to use a drugstore product, you could pump out some of Dan's cleanser and mix it with a bunch of sugar to form a paste.

See, I've thought about that, but I live in the South and I'm afraid that if I washed my face with sugar (no matter how well I rinse it off) that I'd wake up with a face full of ants, roaches, and fruit flies, which would be just about the grossest thing ever. :lol:

I exfoliate my lips with sugar, and can't taste it if I lick them after I wash them. Maybe just rinse extremely well?

Dan should consider developing an exfoliating cleansing scrub. I use the Neutragina sp? foaming scrub but that small tube is expensive, and the scrub beads dissolve too quickly for a good scrub.