Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cupcake_19

Birth Control with Antibiotics ....

Hey, everyone

So I'm going to start taking Ortho Tri-cyclen for my acne soon (wish me luck!!) ... however, I'm due to see my Derm next week and I was wondering if i should ask for an antibiotic before i start my new birth control pills?

I am curranty NOT taking any BC pills, and I've only tried taking BC once in my life (Yasmin). Yasmin made me break out like hell on my face! So that is why I was thinking of asking for antibiotics this time before i start taking Ortho. I am pretty sure my acne is greatly affected by my messed up hormones, i mean my period doesnt even come regularly and i'm 20! My skin is already sufferin :(.... and I'm scared that Ortho might give me a BAD IB. Is it a good idea to take an antibiotic while trying out a new BC? When i stop taking the antibiotics will i just relapse and break out more even while i am on bc?

Anyone who has tried Ortho tri-cyclen or any BC with antibiotics OR or recommendations on what to take WITH BC will be great help!!!

Well, if you're using the birth control to prevent pregnancy, just be extra careful if you decide to take antibiotics, as they decrease birth control's effectiveness.