Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kaitlynanne

Proactive

Im sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

Im sure there is tons of posts about proactive.

I just want to know abot peoples experiences with it.

Im 3 weeks in and my skin is sooo dry and itchy. Thats basically it.

Let me know your experiences. Thanks! xo

Hello My name is Margaret Jones I am new to this site but I Think I may have a product you might like to try I sell Avon and we have a system that is better than proactive and is a 3 step program to get the clear healthy skin you are looking for I have ordered one for myself and so far it is working great check out my online store and give it a whirl www.youravon.com/mjones0432 when you are on my site create an account and look under sknin care and then click on the clear skin and there it will be check it out and let me know how it works for you good luck! And Its on SALE now for only $29.99

From what i have heard, proactive is not good.

and if your skin is dry and itchy, moisturise.

Hello My name is Margaret Jones I am new to this site but I Think I may have a product you might like to try I sell Avon and we have a system that is better than proactive and is a 3 step program to get the clear healthy skin you are looking for I have ordered one for myself and so far it is working great check out my online store and give it a whirl www.youravon.com/mjones0432 when you are on my site create an account and look under sknin care and then click on the clear skin and there it will be check it out and let me know how it works for you good luck! And Its on SALE now for only $29.99

I used Proactive and it made my skin so much worse! The only thing that works in Proactive is the repairing lotion that contains Benzoyl Peroxide. You would be better off on Dan's regimen.

works for a few months then stops. also u need a good moisturizer cause it doesnt come with a good one. dan's regimen is A Lot better so id check it out if i were u

Proactiv was laaame if you ask me. Dried and irritated my skin, felt yucky too. And that sulfur mask? smelled horrible and did nothing.

I don't think it's a good product for sensitive skin.

personally i love it. been using it for about 7 years now and it works better than anyhting the dermatologist ever gave me. love it and swear by it. but i also have really oily skin so even with washing my face 3 times a day my skin doesnt get dry? i do remember having a few problems with it in the beginning though.

Yes, it IS interesting, isn't it? I think doctors have been correct all along (the past ~50 years or so) when they say that sebum serves no useful purpose in human beings. It doesn't help regulate or maintain moisture levels in the skin, and it doesn't act as an antibacterial or antifungal agent, or anything else. All it does is help contribute to acne. :mad:

If I had a dollar for every time somebody on this site has claimed that the "purpose" of sebum is to keep the skin moisturized, I could go ahead and retire to the south of France! :cool: But now we know that's not true at all. A number of superstitions and old wives' tales are slowly falling by the wayside: washing your skin doesn't stimulate more sebum production, and sebum has nothing to do with the level of moisture in the skin. Science marches on!

Bryan

Proactive is just effective marketing at it's finest.

Benzoyl Peroxide is the ONLY thing helping 90% of the people out there and that sh*t is destrying skin cells everywhere.

honestly, i did the proactive thing for 6 months faithfully, day and night.

i didn't really see any improvements...

it didn't make anything better or worse.

pretty much just a waste of money and time.

the only thing i kind of liked was the 'repairing lotion'.