Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been using Benzaclin and Minocycline now since early September (3 1/2 months). I added the retinoid cream to the regimen mid October (I was afraid to use it after hearing horror stories on here). I had been using Dan's BP regimen for just a month before seeing the derm and that was actually going pretty good, but I said, hey if the derm can make it better-why not?

Anyway, so I've been on the retinoid for 2 months. I had no initial breakout in the first month, maybe a very slight one, but I am only using the retinoid cream every other night. Now at 2 months, I am experiencing what seems to be an initial breakout. Is this a little too late for this? Is it possible that this is just a sign that it is not working for me, since it came so late? I know people say wait at least 3 months-maybe 6 months-but isn't it strange that I didn't have hardly any peeling and hardly any IB in the first month and a half?

Current state of skin-red, scaly, flaking, dry esp around mouth and chin, breakout in areas peeling, looks a little more bumpy.

What do you think? Am I about to get a bad IB? Or has the mino/Benzaclin countered that? I don't want to get cysts....I haven't had them in months. The pimples that come up leave in a few days.

That is odd that you would have an IB now. I think that it could be, but also expect occassional breakouts during it. It could just be a slight breakout, but if you do get some cysts expect it to be a late IB. Tough it out, and if your skin doesn't improve much more in the next month I'd start to think about effectiveness.