Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fromwinnipeg

Just started accutane yesterday

I have extremely mild, and sometimes moderate acne on my face. Sometimes my face is totally clear. The problem is that I have very bad cystic acne on my chest back and shoulders. I was prescribed 40mg once per day. I finally gave up after trying antibiotics, proactive, differin, stevimiacin gel, and pretty much everything else under the sun with no effect. Im a 28 years old guy and have not been to beach since I was 13 years old. On a family vacation to the bahamas I didn't even go swimming because i was too embarrased to let anyone see me without a shirt. All I want to do is get RID of this. I work out and have a nice body but I cant take my shirt off in public which is so frustrating. I will keep updating every few days to let you know my progress.

Your situation sounds exactly the same as mine except im 23 and I started my course 6 days ago. Good luck!

Can I ask what dose you are on? Let me know how its working out for you over the next few weeks.

Good luck!

40mg a day. Its been going fine so far...however I just noticed quite a bad rash on the back of both my arms...which is a bit worrying.