Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wuhuuu

ACCUTANE MONTH 3

Hi,

So i finally decided to start a accutane log, I've been on accutane (roaccutan) for 2 months and 3 weeks now and since the 3 month mark is the time when a lot of ppl are starting to see imrovement i decided i would make a log..

Anyway, like i said, ive been on accutane 2 months and 3 weeks almost. I'm Swedish, 18 years old and weigh about 140 punds i would guess?~

I started out first month with 40 mg a day and since the start of month 2 ive basically been on 60mg a day (50mg a day for a week).

I've had acne since i was 14 maybe but antbiotics has always worked on me till like 2 years ago. That's when the real hell started. I had some really serious acne last year but was put on minocycline while i was in the US but since that drug is forbidden in Sweden i felt like i had to atleast try accutane now when im back in sweden again. I still have a lot of redmarks since my major outbreak..

The first 2 months of accutane has been a little bit weird. a lot of ups and downs. about the second week i got my IB i think. it was kind of bad but not nearly as bad as its been before so i t was nothing i couldnt deal with. On my 1 month mark my ib was starting to calm down and after a month and a half of accutane i was realatively clear for a little while but then got a new break out again. and thats how its been since. Ive been clearing up durin some time just to get a new break out again. And now, almost 3 months in im still breaking out kind of badly.

Day 80.

my skin is shitttttty as hell today. last week i got a new break out again so right now i've got a lot of zits. The problem areas are my cheeks and my jawlines. everything else is pretty clear right now, (knocks on wood). Skin is kind of dry as usual but its no biggie..

Right now I have 19 zits on my left cheek and 16ish on my right one:S right side is really weird. got a spot thatsl ike the size of a quarter thats just shiiiiiiiining red like a tomato. hope it all calms down a lil bit atleast before the weekend is over

Day 83

Okay, Since school got cancelled cus it was to cold today (hmm?) i decided i would go to the derm and take some cortisone shots so it will all calm down a lil bit.. Last time I tried cortisone shots it didnt rly work but im hoping it will this time. wish me luck... got the apointment in an hour!

day 83

hah, yesterday was pretty funny. i went to the derm like i said and got like 10 cortisone shots. it huurt pretty bad but it was still totally worth it! he put like 4 big band aids on my face so everybody was staring at me on the way home, it was pretty funny:) the cortisone shots seemes to have worked pretty good on a few zits and there is not rly any difference on some others. but its still worth it.

Skin looks a lil bit better than yesterday i think but still a lot of stuff on my face

Patience is key when riding the tane train. My face cleared up right away then broke out about 3.5 months in then cleared then when I popped my last pill I broke out again. Fret not, here I am 6 weeks post tane and no zits at all. You have to be patient with this medication. One day you will feel great and the next you want to stop taking the meds. Just be patient, if you have dealed with acne for so many years a 6 month course should fly by. Good luck!!!

thanks devendra, ye i know patiance is important while on accutane, just wish my patiance was better:) grats to being clear tho!!! rly hope it stays that way for ya

Day 85

Feels like the zits from the last outbreak are starting to die down a lil bit. hopefully to many red marks wont be left after em. A couple of new zits formed in the last few days tho..

i realllly wanna be clear by the time christmas break is over which is 3 weeks from now.

But i knoww, gotta have patiance, hah.

Same side effects as usual. dry lips, the dry skin on my face is getting better. but ive also been starting to get these rashes on my right hand that ive had before a couple of times during the treatment.

well, thats it for today^^

Day 87

Fuck...

I just realized when i was lookin at my left side of the face its not very bumpy anymore (not for now atleast), i know that should be a good thing but it rly isnt right now:S It means all the ugly fucking red things i assumed were zits are actually red marks and pih that are gonna tkae fucking ages to go away.

damn, this just destroyed my day. I've never gotten these ridicoulusely big red marks before, i mean..i've always gotten red marks from zits, just not the size of these suckers:S:S:S

hope they will dissapear pretty fast or atleast get smaller. ´

Anybody knows something i can do to make em dissapear faster while on accutane?

My right side is still pretty bumpy.

Okayyy, its been a while since the last update. was gone during christmas..but doesnt seem like to much ppl read this anyway so..:)

Anyways

Day 95

Passed my 3 month mark just 5 days ago!!!!! crazyness!

I only have like a month and a half left of my course which is aweeeeeeesome..

I kind of need some help tho. im gonna finish my course like 10 days before a skiing trips to the alps and theres gonna be some excessive drinking going on, so my question is will the medicine be out of my system by then, will it be safe for me to drink?

So I think my acne is kind of improving (knock on wood). It looks a lot better than a couple of weeks ago and the last 2 weeks i havent got any new cysts. just some normal sized zits. my major mega monster cyst on my right cheek just takes ages to heal. still a pretty big bump there:S

My skin is still healing from all the old crap but its not that many bumps on my face atleast.

Im considering uping my dose to 80 but i dunno. i just wanna be done with this as soon as possible!

Please people, will u help me!! I need answers to my questions so I know if I need to up my dosage or not.

1. Im gonna finish my course like 10 days before a skiing trips to the alps and theres gonna be some excessive drinking going on there, so my question is will the medicine be out of my system by then, will it be safe for me to drink?

2. Do you think that increasing my dose from 60 to 80 make me break out again?

thanks...

day 96

Started to break out a little bit again i guess.. hopefully its not the beginning of a bigger break out like the ones that ive throughout the course!:S

My derm and pharmacist told me drinking isn't a problem. As long as you don't drink TOO much. You probably shouldn't drink two days in a row, just to be safe. Make it three if you can.

I drank 3 times so far on accutane (Day 60). 8 beer, 12 beer, and 15 beer. I'm still alive :D I just spaced them out far to be safe.. It probably isn't smart to drink that much, though. Even if you're not on anything -_-

But the thing is that ill be done with the course the 7th if everything goes like ive planed. The week when im gonna be drinking a lot is from the 21st and forward. Will it be safe or is the accutane still be in my body??

And how many ppl here have experianced an breakout when they uped their dose to 80mg. I just upped it myself to 70mg and theres no real difference yet..hopefully i wont break out again!

Day 103

Uhh, sry im not updating so very often. I just don't see any use in updating every day since things you cant rly see any change just overnight.

Anywayss....Everything kind of looks the same as the last update. Got a few more zits tho. I have 1 major cysts on my right cheek and 2 smaller cysts. My left side still have a few bumps on the jawline and on the cheek. I have a derm appointment the 7th so i think im gonna get some cortisone injected into the big ones. Painful! :S

And as i said earlier: I would really appriciate if people answered my questions!:)

I am also on the third month and had a random break-out (again) after the initial breakout from hell. It sucked. I was about to flush this shit down the toilet when then my face seemed to clear...then....another break-out (oh goody!). As far as your question...I think you will break-out again going from 60 mg to 80 mg. It may just be a coinsidence, but I seem to get these random break-outs if I take my pills (40mg twice a day) too close together. So I don't know if it's my body's response to 80 mg almost all at once vs. spread out through-out the day? Good luck to you.

Hi,

So i finally decided to start a accutane log, I've been on accutane (roaccutan) for 2 months and 3 weeks now and since the 3 month mark is the time when a lot of ppl are starting to see imrovement i decided i would make a log..

Anyway, like i said, ive been on accutane 2 months and 3 weeks almost. I'm Swedish, 18 years old and weigh about 140 punds i would guess?~

I started out first month with 40 mg a day and since the start of month 2 ive basically been on 60mg a day (50mg a day for a week).

I've had acne since i was 14 maybe but antbiotics has always worked on me till like 2 years ago. That's when the real hell started. I had some really serious acne last year but was put on minocycline while i was in the US but since that drug is forbidden in Sweden i felt like i had to atleast try accutane now when im back in sweden again. I still have a lot of redmarks since my major outbreak..

The first 2 months of accutane has been a little bit weird. a lot of ups and downs. about the second week i got my IB i think. it was kind of bad but not nearly as bad as its been before so i t was nothing i couldnt deal with. On my 1 month mark my ib was starting to calm down and after a month and a half of accutane i was realatively clear for a little while but then got a new break out again. and thats how its been since. Ive been clearing up durin some time just to get a new break out again. And now, almost 3 months in im still breaking out kind of badly.

Day 80.

my skin is shitttttty as hell today. last week i got a new break out again so right now i've got a lot of zits. The problem areas are my cheeks and my jawlines. everything else is pretty clear right now, (knocks on wood). Skin is kind of dry as usual but its no biggie..

Right now I have 19 zits on my left cheek and 16ish on my right one:S right side is really weird. got a spot thatsl ike the size of a quarter thats just shiiiiiiiining red like a tomato. hope it all calms down a lil bit atleast before the weekend is over

heyyyy

ive been on accutane for like 2 months and a week.

and its getting bad around my jaw lines & cheecks as well.

thats the worse! its SO annoying!

but the forehead and everywhere else is sorta clear.

does it get better on the third month?

heyyyy

ive been on accutane for like 2 months and a week.

and its getting bad around my jaw lines & cheecks as well.

thats the worse! its SO annoying!

but the forehead and everywhere else is sorta clear.

does it get better on the third month?

i'm now on the week 9....my condition seems be better...

though the break out is still there on my cheek...

I started 1 days ago on 80mg a day. already feeling side effects: Joint pain headaches and blurred vision, and i feel tired.

But not trying to offend anyone but if it clears my acne ill be happy.

I used to be considered one of the "elite" guys of my school, but not anymore i hate acne. Im so self conscious and when people talk about how good looking i USED to be it really hurts. But i know i have to be patient, but after every medication and treatment and still no result i get frustrated

But the thing is that ill be done with the course the 7th if everything goes like ive planed. The week when im gonna be drinking a lot is from the 21st and forward. Will it be safe or is the accutane still be in my body??

And how many ppl here have experianced an breakout when they uped their dose to 80mg. I just upped it myself to 70mg and theres no real difference yet..hopefully i wont break out again!

Day 103

Uhh, sry im not updating so very often. I just don't see any use in updating every day since things you cant rly see any change just overnight.

Anywayss....Everything kind of looks the same as the last update. Got a few more zits tho. I have 1 major cysts on my right cheek and 2 smaller cysts. My left side still have a few bumps on the jawline and on the cheek. I have a derm appointment the 7th so i think im gonna get some cortisone injected into the big ones. Painful! :S

And as i said earlier: I would really appriciate if people answered my questions!:)

Hi, I can't answer your questions but I have found your log to be informative and I really appreciate reading it. I'm not the one on accutane, I'm just the mom. My 17 year old starts taking accutane tomorrow morning. I've really struggled with the decision to allow him to take it because of the side effects, but he's so self conscience it might just be worse for him mentally if I didn't allow him to take it.

Everything I've read on these boards so far tells me that my son was given a really high dosage to start out with. His doctor has him on 100mg a day. He'll be taking 3 pills one day, 2 pills the next day, then 3, then 2, etc... He weighs a little more than 140. For the past year or so he's had acne on and off but nothing severe. One day a few weeks ago he just woke up with them all over. His face was (and still is) red and inflamed. Is that how it happens to everyone?

I hope you had a great time on your ski trip and the cold air didn't bother your face. If you know anything about dosing, I'd appreciate your opinion. Or anyone elses opinion.

Thanks.