Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pygasus

Where can I get benzoyl peroxide?

Can I just walk into Walmart and get it?

I'm also looking for a good oil-free moisturizer. Any recommendations?

I think I'm probably going to go crazy and do everything to get rid of my acne. It's usually fairly mild, but I just had a breakout recently and I'm just completely fed up. I'm hitting the cleansers, benzoyl peroxide, moisturizer, diet change, light treatment, exercise, vitamin A and E, etc. This gonna be it.

How important would you say staying moisturized is?

And how well does Ponds Detox Cream work on the formerly pimple red marks?

How important would you say staying moisturized is?

And how well does Ponds Detox Cream work on the formerly pimple red marks?

yo dude, you can get BP anywhere look for benzac 5%. Anyways if I were you Id only use it as a spottreatment... nobody knows the side effects yet. Best mosturizer you will ever you is Aloe Vera gel. Trust me, ive used them all and Aloe will get rid of the scars that the BP causes.. Im the same as you moderate acne but it drives me fucking nuts. peacce homie

if you want to actually be on the acne.org regimen, it's best that you stick with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and use large amounts of it. Neutrogena is the only brand that makes a 2.5% BP for drugstores i think.... and it comes in a tiny tube and costs more than Dan's..... you're better off ordering his stuff if you can.

staying moisturized is EXTREMELY important! BP will dry you out like nothing else!!! so it's very important that you fight back as best as you can. Cetaphil has a good moisturizer, i have a generic version of it from Rite Aid and it's fine too. or you can use something by Olay Complete, those are pretty great.

i tried a cream from Ponds once, don't know if it was the Detox one but it was supposed to be for red marks too.... well, i ended up using it as a foot cream since it burned my face so much....

Try and not go above 2.5% please.

You can get your supplies at Walmart, such as Neutrogena On the Spot.

Find a ultra light, Sensitive, Non Comedogenic, Non-Greasy Lotion. :]

Okay, I couldn't find anything but 10%. I cleansed my face with Neutrogena, and then put some BP on my problem areas. Then I logged on and read you guys talking in another thread of mine about people just washing their face with water, and how this helped so many people with mild acne, and I was like f***! So I washed it off, lol, used the cleanser again, rinsed thoroughly, and put on some Cetaphil moisturizer. I think I'm going to try the wash with water thing, while taking lots of vitamin A & E. What think you?

Okay, I couldn't find anything but 10%. I cleansed my face with Neutrogena, and then put some BP on my problem areas. Then I logged on and read you guys talking in another thread of mine about people just washing their face with water, and how this helped so many people with mild acne, and I was like f***! So I washed it off, lol, used the cleanser again, rinsed thoroughly, and put on some Cetaphil moisturizer. I think I'm going to try the wash with water thing, while taking lots of vitamin A & E. What think you?

Whether this actually works for you depends how mild your acne is. If your acne is so mild that it is basically just caused by irritation from using medicated acne products, then maybe a water-only routine would work for you. I've gone through phases in the past where I didn't do anything besides wash with water, though, and my skin certainly didn't look any clearer then, or else I would have stuck with it.

When I used some BP the bit of acne I had reduced pretty significantly.

After that I started just washing my face with water and taking vitamins A & E. Nothing has really changed yet, but it's only been a day or so.

Should I just stick with the BP, then? Say my acne is mild, but consistently prevalent. Do you think BP could be a solution for me?