Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NewDae

Ugh...it's just not fair.

...and of course, someone will mention "Life isn't fair", but I'm sick of that phrase too.

I'm careful of what I eat, I avoid fast food or pizza entirely, and I eat the healthiest out of all my friends. But of course, I'm the one stuck with severe acne and they're the ones with clear skin. I can somewhat accept this I guess; some people are just born luckier than others. They sometimes don't even wash their faces before going to bed--or they just splash their faces with water before they get out the door in the morning. No clogged pores or nothing. No pimples, blackheads--nothing. They just take it for granted :/

A week or two ago, some girl actually got the nerves to jump in during a conversation and tell me "Wash your God-damn face once in a while--and stop eating PIZZA."

I wanted to just break down and cry. My mind goes back on the idea sometimes and I can't help but sigh.

They don't even know how much time I've spent trying to fix my face.

How many times I refused favorite dishes and foods in hopes to reduce breakouts.

How much money I spent looking for a "cure" but still ended up with nothing.

And there they sit, spending their time doing whatever social they please, eating whatever they like, and spending money on fancy clothes and items telling me to "do something about your face please because it hurts to look at it." Niether do I feel any better when they say "But you're Korean. Koreans have good complexion and skin. You're Korean. Why's your skin all crap?"

Why do they even have to bring in my ethnicity into this??

And of course, my relatives... every New Years or X-mas time.

"Looks like you still haven't grown out of your acne yet. When will you stop growing them on your face?"

people are assholes. thats all there is to it. they're complete MORONS as well.. going by those kinds of comments. if these people are that naive in thinking its as simple as washing your face, they have the IQ of a 5 year old. please, if ONLY it were that simple.

i hate how im the only one with acne in my family too. theonly person who had it was my uncle when he was young.. and i have a huge family... he was the only one and mine is way worse. my brother gets the perfect skin.. psshh... whatever :P haha

In an ideal world, people would be informed enough to not make those kind of comments about your skin.

However, considering the fact that the world is littered with people who are very mal-informed about acne, the only thing we can do is basically:

1) Keep on using whatever regimen that is working the best

2) Grow a thicker skin and learn to be a fighter, not letting people get to you

While I would love to sit every single person down and give them a lecture about how we don't know exactly why acne is caused or how it can be controlled (and how it's not the sufferer's fault), we can't. False notions of acne are widespread, so the most realistic thing is to become tougher.

It sucks, but... I think that's the most honest advice I can give you in regards to dealing with people who are shadowed by ignorance.

I'm sorry man, it really hurts when other people try to step in and "help" you with your acne problems. I used to remember having my friend's parents always trying to recommend things to me and it drove me crazy.

Also, I effing hate it when all of your friends are eating pizza and drinking whatever the hell they want and sit there with 1 or 2 pimples at most. I used to sit at lunch everyday and would not eat anything because my cafeteria served such shit food. People always asked why I wasn't eating and considering how skinny I am, I must have looked bulimic.

Thanks for the replies, everyone :) I finally feel sane that I'm not the only one who feels like this...

i hate how im the only one with acne in my family too. theonly person who had it was my uncle when he was young.. and i have a huge family... he was the only one and mine is way worse. my brother gets the perfect skin.. psshh... whatever :P haha

but yeah

i completely understand this thread. not that anyones ever said anything to me, but i fear the day... its like the one thing im most insecure about

the closest thing is (relatively recently) one time i was spending the night @ a friends place & my friends gf asked me if i needed anything from the store - toothbrush, toothpaste, facewash?

i didnt think anything of it then, but later i thought was that a slight jab or not?

im inclined to think not b/c theyre both really nice. i think she just imagined i forgot my toiletries or something

Yeah, I've yet to meet someone who has said something negative about my face to me, but I'm sure things have been said. Sometimes though when you're trying to talk to someone and their eyes are wandering around your face, it's just as bad as having something said to you lol

the closest thing is (relatively recently) one time i was spending the night @ a friends place & my friends gf asked me if i needed anything from the store - toothbrush, toothpaste, facewash?

i didnt think anything of it then, but later i thought was that a slight jab or not?

I would feel that way too :[ -sigh-

Sometimes though when you're trying to talk to someone and their eyes are wandering around your face, it's just as bad as having something said to you lol

Yeah... I can see their eyes wandering all around my face, which makes me feel uncomfortable... then I somewhat trail off of what I was saying because I'm distracted by their wandering eyes. :[

I caught someone doing that and I bluntly said "What? Is that something on my face??" and she blurted out "What? You can see that??"

I don't think they realize people can see their wandering eyes :P

Yeah I remember people saying crap to me when i was in school about my pimps. Your face looks like a topographical map, my pimples only last a week why don't yours ever go away, you look like a pizza face, blah blah blah. They weren't particularly mean since it was one of those gay schools for smart kids and most of the people who made comments were actually mah friends. Still it wasn't fun to deal with and it hurt. Ha ha I just remembered, this girl that liked me wrote something snarky about my pimps when she signed my yearbook, that biatch.

I would feel that way too :[ -sigh-

When you gots da pimples you gots to be hardcore yo.

This shit aint for pussies.

Totally :clap:

Tell that bitch this is a genetic problem. People with acne have over sensitive oil gland receptors trigger off by even sightly elevated androgen levels. Simple words oil glands that produce to much oil and we can't help it. If they tell you yeah right or give you an attitude then let them feel some of your wrath. But stay cool.

Some people just don't understand -_-;; ugh.

Thanks for the replies everyone : )