Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
getbusyliving

At my breaking point

I'm at my breaking point. Today when I went into work, a coworker asked me if I had just got done working out. That's how oily my face gets, even in the winter in Ohio.

I'm 24 years old and I've faithfully tried everything under the sun, including Dan's regimen. I have VERY SENSITIVE skin. If I touch it at all, it turns red. Every topical I've used has made the problem worse. The problem is, I also have VERY OILY skin.

Seriously, when I wake up in the morning, my face looks "wet". Washing my face has to be done at least 2 hours before going out into public, because my face is INFLAMED. It really feels like I took a washcloth and rubbed my skin raw.

I've tried antibiotics, massive amounts of B5, Proactiv, AcneFree, and just using water (big mistake). At this point, the only thing left is Accutane. I'm worried about the side effects, but my acne/inflammation/oilyness is making me avoid social situations and bright rooms.

Help.

I'm so sorry you're going through that. Let me give you a {{hug}}

You say you've been on antibiotics--has your doctor/dermatologist ruled out rosacea? If you experience excessive redness, that could be the cause. Also, you haven't mentioned what type of acne you have?

oh poor you!

i have very oily skin too,it annoys me so much!

im trying to find something good for my acne/oily skin and if i do i will defo tell you!

but i dont think you should avoid social life because of it.your friends probably miss you!

just dont think about it when you go out!:)

and i hope it will go good soon! ;):))

As far ast type, I have moderate acne with every kind from papules to whiteheads. And I havent tried a low carb diet, but I guess that might be worth a try.

How long should a diet change last in order to gauge whether or not it "works". A month?

Thanks for the replies.

As far ast type, I have moderate acne with every kind from papules to whiteheads. And I havent tried a low carb diet, but I guess that might be worth a try.

How long should a diet change last in order to gauge whether or not it "works". A month?

Thanks for the replies.

I wish I could help you with that, but diet changes have never had much affect on my acne. Check out the "nutrition and holistic health" forum on this site. I'm sure someone there can give you an answer.

Good luck!

I noticed differences in under a month. My skin was less oily in about a week or so, and I noticed gradual improvements ever since. I also supplement with ACV internally and topically, I think this helps speed up the process a little bit, at least in my case.

dude maybe you should lay off the harsh chemicals man.! and try the organic approach. sometimes you just got to let mother nature help you balance your ph and life out.??? you can try egg white masks or aloevera or anyone of thoes.!!!