Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trace D

Smashbox Primer

I had researched if there was some sort of temporary "filler" that you could put on your face before foundation to help hide and fill acne scars. I heard stuff about SmashBox Primer and received it about a week ago. I was actually amazed at how it did help. You put it on your face before foundation (and we all know that foundation over acne scars often looks worse than no makup). It smoothens and prepares the skin. Once you apply the foundation (I used Dermablend and just a little bit), you smooth is all over with your fingers. I especially dab it on the bad areas where I have deep scars. And even though it doesn't conceal it all, it sure helps. I was pleased.

Hasn't broken me out so far (been using it for about 3 days) and it really does help my foundation go on like a dream. It makes your face so soft and smooth. It doesn't do squat for my oiliness though - not as I expected it to after reading so many raving reviews about it. I still have to blot throughout the day to keep from looking like an oil slick (ugh), although I've only had it 3 days and I'm thinking it might just be my technique. I'll play around with it more and see.