Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fa4you

What an Acne Sufferer feels: Do you feel the same?

1. When people whom you work with keep questioning the change in your face after suffering from cystic acne. They keep reminding you that you got acne.

2. Ever since I got Acne, I stopped going out with friends for outings since i am just too conscious of how ugly my acne look.

3. Different people you meet suggest you use different stuff to clear acne. I get fed up of people trying to be doctors.

4. Spend most of my idle time sitting at home in depression hoping that one day would come when my acne would disappear. Keep admiring people with clear skin and feel bad about myself.

5. Don't make new friends since it lowers one's self confidence.

6. Expect the medicines to work instantly and then lose faith in the medicines if it doesn't work in a week. Though we know somewhere down there that it would work but would take time.

7. Meet less people and avoid interaction since you are so demoralized due to cystic acne.

8. Pray to god that it works!!

1) Most of my co-workers know I'm very sensitive about it so they don't mention unless I bring it up.. If I do they are great about it..

2) Yes

3) Yes

4) Yes

5) Yes

6) No, I've always been fairly patient..

7) Yes

8) No

1. Well i'm a student but people tend to have got used to the fact that i've got acne and dont; comment anymore so i suppose no.

2. Well used to be like that for a few years but now i just try forget about it and not let it ruin my life :)

3. Oh God Yeah..Why don't you just put toothpaste on?...oh have u tried clearasil? Don't you think i've tried them?! Grrr Fools

4. Oh All The Time :/

5. Yeah

6. Yeah i'm quite obsesseb when i get a new treatment and want it to work straight away...never the case.

7. Yeah

8. Everynight since i was 9 years old (now 15 years old) :(

I completely understand where you are coming from. Hello last time I checked I own a mirror so why remind me how horrible my face looks??

I despise when people do that.

Yess, I often envy those with acne-free skin.

I hate wearing gunky makeup to TRY to cover up.

Have tried everything and Im losing my patience.

AHHH

For me:

1. I'll have acne the rest of my life

2. I'm the only person out and about who has acne

3. There's no such thing as god because there's no way he would be cruel enough to give me "and only me" acne

Holy fuck then there's my bacne scars, those are worse than my face...

When going through bad breakouts I find that I can't even watch TV because all I think about is how clear everyone else's skin is, and it actually distracts me from the actual show. lol god it sucks.

1. I feel the same.

2. Me too. I have lost a lot of friends because of it. Now I barely have any friends

3.Yes! Happens to me all the time. it is so annoying

4.I also get jealous of people with clear skin or mild acne

5. Difficult for me to make new friends also

6. I didnt feel that way. I never expected treatment to work instantly

7. I avoid meeting people up close. I try to talk to people from about 1m away or talking to them in dark areas.

8. Sometimes

1. I tutor fellow peers and constantly think they are looking at my skin :( Once when I switched meds my skin got sooo clear and one of them told me wow what are you doing your skin looks so good. I didn't get offended because she had acne like I did and that was something we bonded on.

2. I constantly stay in all the time because sometimes using too much BP, ect dries out my skin so bad I feel like it just accentuates my acne.

3. My mother is constantly buying different cleansers, magazine clippings and giving them to me and I'm like ugh, I know you mean well but still. Family members will give me suggestions and I hate it because I've tried it all and nothing works. leave me alone! I always wonder what they are saying behind my back tho.

4. Not so much anymore. It use to really really bother me but when I went through a depression a few years ago my skin was perfectly clear. I don't know if I'd rather be happy with acne or depressed again with clear skin. >.<

5. I am pretty social when it comes to meeting new people but if I have a huge cyst coming on I tend to avoid making new friends.

6. I use to be like that but now know it takes time for a lot of it to work. Then after times passes and it doesn't work THAT depresses me. knowing I could have been doing a different type of regimen that could have worked.

7. Not really.

8. Everyday!!

1. When people whom you work with keep questioning the change in your face after suffering from cystic acne. They keep reminding you that you got acne.

2. Ever since I got Acne, I stopped going out with friends for outings since i am just too conscious of how ugly my acne look.

3. Different people you meet suggest you use different stuff to clear acne. I get fed up of people trying to be doctors.

4. Spend most of my idle time sitting at home in depression hoping that one day would come when my acne would disappear. Keep admiring people with clear skin and feel bad about myself.

6. Expect the medicines to work instantly and then lose faith in the medicines if it doesn't work in a week. Though we know somewhere down there that it would work but would take time.

7. Meet less people and avoid interaction since you are so demoralized due to cystic acne.

1. Well for me i don't tend to forget it during the day so I take it as compliment when someone is telling me my skin is better.

2, 4, 5, and 7. I know where you're going but you just have to go for it, you're friends will accept you because they know who you are and won't reject you because of acne or breakouts. If so they're not real friends anyway. But when you have times where you feel like you shouldn't go out of your house or show yourself in school or public you have to avoid those thoughts from the beginning so you won't get stuck at home and then you'll be more and more and more afraid to go out as time passes. Staying home all the time doesn't solve any problems it creates more. The thing with self confidence goes for everybody but than try to stay with the people you trust and know won't judge you from your skin. I also find it helpful to talk to my best friends about acne even if they don't have the problems. Most of the time you'll find out that other people don't notice it as much as you do.

3. They are just trying to help, nothing else. And I respect that.

6. Been there. We all know the answer, patience. But it's hard I know.

8. If it works for you it's fine with me but I'm counting on medicine.

First of all I just want to say that acne sucks and it is one of the hardest things for anyone to deal with for all the reasons we all know--I am 27 and have had acne since the 5th grade and up until 2 and a half years ago it had been a roller coaster ride (emotionally and physically) and then something happened--

My boyfriend went to hold my face and I jerked away and looked down because I didn't want him to see my skin up close or feel the bumps on my skin. I was embarrassed and sad and started to cry--he asked me what was wrong and why he could never touch my face and I looked at him dead in the eyes and said because I have horrible skin, I hate it, it makes me conscious of it when you try to touch it, I feel ugly and I know you have to see it, but if you really touch it or look up close behind the makeup you will see how ugly it is and I don't want you to think I'm ugly--

He looked at me and said do you think I care that you have a few blemishes on your face??(he was being nice because I have a lot--cysts, scars, blackheads--you name it) Nobody is perfect and he told me that when I look in the mirror and if my acne is all I see then I needed to see past that just as he could--he told me that it wouldn't matter if I had perfect skin because that wouldn't make more attractive in his eyes--

From that day on I stopped thinking about my skin 24/7--I looked in the mirror and said "Pam, this is the way you were meant to look and be for whatever reason, and it could always be so much worse " then I smiled and for the first time accepted that this was how my skin was gonna look and was thankful that I had eyes to see what I looked like.

When you stop obsessing about your skin, when you stop stressing yourself out about other people staring and thinking you know what they say about you when your not there or what they are thinking about your skin or how you take care of it...when you stop making it the main focus of how it makes you feel--things will change. Stressing and obsessing and feeling ugly will only attract ugliness to you--There's so much truth in how much our thoughts can bring or create or realities--(I suggest that if you are not familiar with "the secret" then go read it)

Positivity breeds beauty and negativity infests the body--Everyone on this site is beautiful and wonderful--we worry so much about how we look--(and trust me I still care about how I look, I take pride in feeling put together), that we unconsciously manifest all the bad feelings and ugly feelings into life.

you probably think I'm a quack, and that's okay-maybe I am:) but all I do know is that since then I have not had any new cysts and my other ones are almost non-existent--I get lots of rest and whenever I feel down on my skin, I go clean it, and tell myself thats better and I push those thoughts out of my head.-- Strangers will even say they think I have beautiful skin or that my skin glows--and my skin is not blemish free--it is by no means even good in my opinion, but for some reason other people think its beautiful--(I often ask them if they need to put on their glasses:))

All I'm saying is to accept who you are and how you look--you can still strive for better, but make it a healthy effort. There are so many other things that can and will make you happy beyond how your skin looks-- My heart goes out to everyone on this site as well as anyone who has to deal with skin problems--If I could I'd give everyone a big hug and tell you that you are all beautiful and I think the most beautiful thing about you all is your skin

1) I joke about my acne with my friends. What do you think?

2) No. I still go out, have fun and ogle at pretty girls.

3) True. They know nothing.

4) It's a vicious cycle. The only way to break out of it is to start getting a better social life.

5) Bullshit. True friends look past your physical flaw.

6) True to some extent. After some time you eventually sort things out and stay faithfully on a regimen.

7) No.

8) Hell yeah! (right...)

1. Sometimes at school. It's really hard to deal with it

2-7. I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU DUDE!. from Philippines

8. Void

I could only wish my skin would be like the pic below!...

Yeah everyday is a constant reminder, sometimes when I wake up I purposely avoid looking at the mirror, or even walking to my car I avoid the windows because i'm afraid of the reflections. I hate my skin more than anything.......

These boards are sometimes depressing!! Dont know why people let acne ruin their lives. You live once and you are going to let some pimples ruin the short time you have?

What annoys me is that 95% of people on this board dont even have acne, and yet you are all depressed. If you were in my body you would have killed yourself by now as i have it very severe literally my whole face is completely covered, its hard to find even a good patch of skin to see what i used to look like lol! Yet i go out all the time meet new people, i really dont give a damn about acne people need to accept that its part of you and just move on! If i go to the shops which isnt far away i get a good 200+ stares but i just say to myself that they are mesmerised by my handsomness lol even if its completely false.

Just say it to yourself now, i have acne and its not going anywhere for a while so ill live with it and do what i want when i want as thats how things should be. For all those people who have one spot on their cheek and keep crying about it just f*** off and stop being dramatic.

Sorry to be rude its just people annoy me when they clearly cant see that other people suffer, so much worse than they do. Find your good qualities and be happy for what you have, many people in this world would kill to have severe acne to get out of the life they have.

Just go out now and embrace the world that we have and be confident and dont let acne run your life. GET A GRIP!!! I would post pictures of myself but lots of you would throw up and i dont have a digital camera lol

God bless :angel::angel:

Oh lawd. It's so annoying when someone suggests that you use an acne product, because you know it's not going to work, and they probably just saw it some commercial and believe that everything for acne works. Or you think that they have tried it themselves and it magically worked for them, and that they are thinking that you are just a dirty person, LOL.

you sound like me I get creams prescriptions and while they help to get rid of current break outs they don't really do anything to prevent new ones.THIS IS SO TRUE!..have you thought about going on accutane?I just may go on the stuff but I dont like the sounds of the side affects from some people and the initial breakout.

I've considered it, but I am VERY hesitant. Plus, I've heard too many stories about acne coming back after stopping Accutane and considering my history with acne treatments, that would happen to me and it would just end up being a waste of money :(

i guess we all pretty much feel the same.acne freaking sucks man m so tired of it!you think after all these years there would be some cure for it.and i dont mean accutane.