Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
walah

Advice, please please...

Hey everyone,

I'd like to ask advice about my acne and what possible options I have. I am 21 years old, and I have mild to moderate acne. I have had the occasional pimple since I was in my early teens usually occurring with my menstrual cycle. When I went to college, my acne started to worsen and after a few months I went on Ortho tri cyclen lo. It seemed to work magic on my skin! Of course I still had occasional pimples but not frequently, and the pimples were always manageable (i.e. they didn't last long). That was three years ago. Since then, my acne always gets worse in the summer, but washing my face three times a day (due to oil build up) usually helps. However, this year, my acne cleared up somewhat for the month of September and since has been so present and unrelenting. I never have a break. At first I thought it was just the change in the season (the dry weather), but I apply lotion before bed and in the morning and my skin is not dry (nor oily). I am still on birth control. And I have not changed cleansers or anything- really my regime has not changed. So my question is, does anyone have any suggestions? I am hopefully meeting with my doctor soon. But should I try a different birth control? Could it have to do with my diet all of a sudden?

Thank you so much