Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
inverted_boarding

Anyone tried 3 day apple fast?

i had acne in those areas to and i studied my habits and i constantly found resting my chin on my hands and i had this habit of covering my mouth with my hands when i laughed cus of my braces but i try hard not to do that no more and i got none on my chin or lip and i used to have like 4 on m upper lip or on the sides and like 2 or 3 on my chin :/ but they are clear :) except for like minor scars. i suggest watching your habits :D

Well I do not touch my chin or my lips, for one I dont like the feel of all the yucky bumps and what not and I do rest my my cheek on my hand and i wont even get one pimple? My only habbit is that i always seem to be eating atleast one or two wrong food a day if not more?

yea you know what after i replied i realized maybe its just us. i was prescribed with bactrim ds which is supposed to get rid of bacteria right so i thought where do we get the bacteria from and then i came back to the 'studying the habits' thing and i find myself not eating the wrong foods but eating them when my hands are dirty well not dirty but you know how people say theres like bacteria everywhere and like through out the day everything i put in my mouth is basically with 'dirty' hands. and maybe yea eating the wrong foods might contribute to all this as well. *anyone who reads this feel free to correct me on what i 'realized' im not really sure though.

I did a three day juice fast. It pretty much stopped all my acne in its tracks during that time. Soon as I resumed my eating again, KAPOW acne.

Just a little thought I had, maybe it's a little ridiculous...but when you eat, do you ever get any juices/crumbs/whatever from the food around your mouth? I know that I am personally a messy eater, and when I eat an apple the juice goes dripping down my chin, when I eat a turkey burger the burger gets pushed up against my mouth, etc. The juices and bits of food, if you are a little bit of a messy eater like me, could be dirtying up your skin and making you break out.

me too! im a really really messy eater and i eat like whatever i please through out the day without washing my hands and i figured maybe thats where i get the bacteria from although im still not sure. we should an experiment! just kiddinG :) im gonna try and buy a hand sanitizer and apply it before i eat anything see if it helps. :)

I did the apple fast and I feel like my acne got even worse/ not better.

You know, I had the same impression when I did my 3 days apple fast.