Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hina79

Makeup for flaking skin?

I was using Maybelline mineral powder makeup and really liked it. But now that I am using retin A gel, its making my skin flaky. When I use circular motion to apply mineral powder, it just brings out more flakes. Liquid makeup doesnt accentuate the flakes but I feel like I have a mask on.

So I was going to try the Maybelline dream matte mousse foundation. It says it has the very light feel on the skin like powder makeup. Anyone here tried it? Is it good for flaky skin?

Also I still have oily skin but it is also flaky...)

I think I now what you're flaking... Happened to me when using the Neutrogena BP cream... It's probably because you don't wait long enough to let it dry fully ? I used to finish my regimen and then apply a primer and I would start to see flakes from the BP ( I tested of just using lotion and it was fine ).

Now I first apply some liquid foundation to the spots I really want to cover up, and then touch it off with mineral foundation on top.

Estee lauder double wear is nice :) have a sales lady in Macys help you find the right color and apply some on your skin ( even if you're already wearing make-up ) . About $30 for a bottle though.

I can relate. Retinoids will cause your make-up to flake off. I don't know if you can, but I requested my Tazorac as a cream instead of the gel- makes all the difference. I use a very thin white pencil to cover up any marks and then dot concealer over those areas instead of wearing foundation everywhere. The green concealers cover red marks well. I can put powder or bronzer over that if I need to, but prefer less. Sometimes the heavy coverage you think you need looks worse than using little. I've started putting my make-up on in front of a window so I can see it in natural light- can be a scary experience at first(:

I am using maybelline matte mousse myself and its really good for me!The only problem is that if ur skin is flaky i dont think it will help, i suppose it will even make the situation worse..OR you could try mixing it with day cream as i am doing..Plus loreal minerals powder.Sorry for my bad english, but i hope u understand :)