Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jal1985

Retin A (Tretinoin cream) questions

I have been on this Tretinoin cream 0.1% for the past six weeks. I am about mid way through my sixth week and it seems like it is clearing my skin a bit. Yet I also get a few pretty painful red bumps just when it seems like everything is about to start disappearing. Is this normal this late in the treatment? How much longer until this stuff will finally keep me clear? Oh and I also have a lot of non inflamed whiteheads before and for basically the entire treatment that I don't know if they are going away.

I have been on this Tretinoin cream 0.1% for the past six weeks. I am about mid way through my sixth week and it seems like it is clearing my skin a bit. Yet I also get a few pretty painful red bumps just when it seems like everything is about to start disappearing. Is this normal this late in the treatment? How much longer until this stuff will finally keep me clear? Oh and I also have a lot of non inflamed whiteheads before and for basically the entire treatment that I don't know if they are going away.

I am still breaking out into my eighth week now. I guess this can be expected. Sometimes it can take the full three months before you begin to see results. If you are very concerned you could talk to your derm about using a topical antibiotic with your Tretinoin cream.. it should help a bit with the inflammation.