Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tarmik

Smoothbeam sessions completed 6mos-1 year ago

For those of you who had SM completely done for least 6 mos to 1 year ago, how do you still feel about it? Was it worth it - did it really help w/your saucer/indented scars? How's your acne now? Thanks. Tarmik

After 5 treatments last one being over 3 months ago I can definately say I notice absolutely no improvement whatsoever.

It might have helped with the active acne though as my breakouts are not as severe or frequent.

Ditto that! Smoothbeam did nothing for my scars. It was a waste of time and money for me. I was heartbroken, but I have since recovered from the let down.

at first i saw some improvement from smoothbeam maybe 40% especially on my rolling scars but after about 3 months i no longer see the improvement. I think it acctually caused some new scars on my left temple I had 4 treatments of smoothbeam i have 1 more treament im not sure if it helps with redmarks because I have been doing some madalic acid peels.

I also did not see any results with Smoothbeam, either in decrease in acne or reduction of scars. And it also caused 3 scars on my cheek that had not been there prior to Smoothbeam.

wow, to think sooo many people were raving about this a few months back. And sooo many people were raving about TCA perfect complex. And sooo many people were raving about mandelic acid. Which always makes you think it's gonna be The Cure for you. Not that there arent still some fans of these, but now I definitely see a trend. I would be very cautious not to jump on the bandwagon so quickly for any product/treatment now. I did try smoothbeam once, cost me about 250USD (a lot to me) and gave me weird circular hyperpigmentation.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Tarmik,

how about yourself?

I completed my fifth last month. I will have to say, for $1500 I expected (still do) more.

My somewhat noticeable improvements would be the clearing of my T-zone, probably more even skin tone/pores and tightening/less bumpy/clearing of my jaw and neck area.

Still far away from my 'ideal' look but at least I feel somewhat more empowered at least I TRY to make myself look a bit better.

This is why its important for all of us to KNOW the treatment may NOT heal us 100% or even 50%. That way we won't be dissapointed all the time.

I knew this, going to that doctor's office. I'm still somewhat dissapointed, but its not that big of a deal that I feel crappy about it. Just wished I got more of my money's worth that's all.

wow, to think sooo many people were raving about this a few months back. And sooo many people were raving about TCA perfect complex. And sooo many people were raving about mandelic acid. Which always makes you think it's gonna be The Cure for you. Not that there arent still some fans of these, but now I definitely see a trend. I would be very cautious not to jump on the bandwagon so quickly for any product/treatment now. I did try smoothbeam once, cost me about 250USD (a lot to me) and gave me weird circular hyperpigmentation.

I had four sessions of SB (by a new clinic) at a low strength and didn't see any improvement. I have since found another practitioner that has been using SB since it first came out and has alot of experience. They started me out at #13, then two weeks later I have a microdermabrasion, then two weeks later another SB, etc. (they also have me using a product that promotes collagen growth). I have had two SB so far and I DO notice that my skin looks smoother; some of the scars have lessened slightly. But I also read the thread about how your skin doesn't heal well when the liver is congested, so I did a liver cleanse a few weeks ago (very productive) and that is when I started noticing a positive change in my skin. In addition, I do notice that the oiliness has decreased alot since my last SB; that's a plus in itself!

Have a question for some people here the people that say they have had 4-6 sessions and see no improvement.. did u see improvment at any point?

because i just had my 4th treatment and i definitley see the improvement, in scars and in acne. my treatments are level 14.

I was one of those who initially experienced some improvement as well. This was, however, all due to micro-swelling at the pock sites. I do not believe non-invasive therapy will ever give me the results i'm looking for. I need to go to invasive therapy because no only are my scars not improving, but they are getting worse. I keep getting new pockmarks for no reason too! I just don't know what is happening to my skin sad.gif

I hate to say I told you so. But months back when I people were raving about smoothbeam I predicted not one iota long term change in scars. I predicted this becuase of all the useless N'Lite treatments I had. Same deal. Same con. Microdermabrasion is also an absolute waste for scars. But it will give you nice skin tone for awhile.]

Tca Cross worked for me. So does the vinegar treatment. My scarring is minimal at this point due to these two treatment methods. One a week I also do a lactic peel, which is very good at evening out my skin tone. I use he puredeming intense gel about three times a week also. And that is an excellent product.

James

It's been about 6 months since my last smoothbeam treatment. I had both smoothbeam and v-beam.

I think I look alot better than I did. My scars have improved a great deal, I think. Plus my skin tone is nice and even. And I love the fact that I don't get big ugly angry acne pimples anymore.

I hope all of this lasts. I am using vinegar hoping that will help maintain the results and improve my scars even more.

A cool thing about Del Campo (who did a smoothbeam treatment at 14 just fine) is that once you've finished the package of SBs, you can opt for more at a much reduced price. I think it's like 159 (or 149) for additional sessions...

Hey. If I end requiring touch ups, but feel good about my scars, then 160 every two months is fine by me.