Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hopeless18romantic

NIVEA SUN FACE SUN BLOCK WHITENNG CREAM SPF 50

hey guys, i'm just a new member here and i need your thoughts. i am male, 19 yrs old, living in the philippines, and have fair skin. i am currently on my 2nd chemical peel (there are 4 sessions, btw) and my dermatologist advised that i should wear sunblock at all times now that my skin is more sensitive to the sun. i couldn't find what she has prescribed (skinceutique 37, any idea where to find it?), so i just bought this nivea sun face sun block whitening cream spf 50 but hasn't put it on just yet. has anyone of you tried it?

here's my daily regimen (just in case, it helps):

morning: cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, erythromycin solution, benzoyl peroxide cream 5%

night: cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, hydrating toner, erythromycin solution, tretinoin cream 0.1%(every other night)

what do you think? should i keep it or give it away? your pieces of advice will be highly appreciated. thanks! :)

I personally haven't used either. To be honest if it is a sunblock that is non-comedongenic (doesn't clog pores) and is not full of chemicals then it will do the job. You may want to use the one that was prescribed though, I would assume the Dr knows what may be best. Still, the one you have will prevent sun damage, which is crucial whilst doing such treatments...

So the choice is up to you. I think with moisturisers and sunscreen you have to use trial and error to see what is best. Everyone is different, so see how the one you bought goes...

good luck with your peels! :D