Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazian

Don't poison your bodies

They said it was the cure

"Are there any risks?", I asked.

"Nothing aside from chapped lips, said the salesman with the medical degree and intimidating lab coat.

Vanity and stupidity possessed me

And I let the chemicals infiltrate my body.

A few months in, I knew something was wrong-

My conscious world turned hazy.

No matter when I woke up, it felt like I had just went to bed .

It was impossible to think. I couldn't hold conversations. I just pretended to listen.

People were talking mannequins.

Scatterbrain

an uncomfortable buzz forever

I kept forgetting things that were told to me 5 minutes later

I couldn't concentrate. I had to study in short intervals.

It was like stuck looking out into the world through a dirty window wearing scratchy earmuffs

But the worst part is that whenever I looked at myself it seemed like I was looking through a dirty mirror

My lips looked like they belonged on fish, but had the texture of sandpaper.

My skin developed scales

My hair felt like straw

My eyes screamed at light, and took up an addiction to eyedrops

Bruises and small cuts took weeks to heal

I wasn't human

There was no more color,

it dissipated.

I felt like I didn't exist like everybody else.

It was a chore to get up out of bed each morning

and live.

I didn't want to stop

My seduced mind was engrossed,

bring trapped in my own body, taking pill after pill

feeling the chemicals permeate throughout my veins.

All for a stupid reason

Fuck You Vanity

The world turned Hazy

Thank god it was temporary and I'm feeling normal again.

I just thought I'd post this

On a serious note, crazian, I would like to point out that although I empathize with your situation, I would never, ever try to take accutane off the market. It does so many people more good than harm. Side effects for me were hair loss (not as bad as you think) and dry skin. My skin is always dry, though subtle, so I constantly have to moisturize it (I seldom do). My only regret from my 5 month tenure on accutane, is that I didn't take it sooner.

wtf whyyy do you guys got to scare me even more. im going on accutane on Monday and this poem bummed me out. but seriously, hair loss?? wtf.

I really want to get on accutane but hair loss - I dont want to be bald and have acne, im too vain for that. What about low dosages of it? Do you still get the negative side effects?

What did you use for dry skin? Every moisturiser I use breaks me out. Even jojoba oil did and its supposed to be non comogenic or whatever the term is.

I was on a very low dose, 20 and then 30 (5'7" female, 130 lbs) and it worked perfectly. Minimal side effects, just minor dry lips, and weird skin feeling but not bad.

definitely moisturize! I was not told to, and didn't think to, so I didn't because I didn't want to break out. WELL what I found out the hard way was that accutane makes scarring WORSE. Way more noticeable, so definitly moisturize. I like cetaphil and aveeno.

Everyone's different in side-effects when on Accutane. I personally have never taken Accutane because I cleared myself with Aloe Vera, Vitamin A(beta Carotene), and Cetaphil.

Interesting writing.

What did you use for dry skin? Every moisturiser I use breaks me out. Even jojoba oil did and its supposed to be non comogenic or whatever the term is.

nivea oil free fluid. i dont need to use it no more.

Way to scare people out of taking it. Your skin is clear though right? I recall reading a few months back how you were so excited you got accutane because your skin is now clear. EVERY MEDICATION HAS SIDE EFFECTS!!!!!! If you are thinking about taking accutane make the decision for yourself. Accutane affects everyone differently.

well to be honest im going to try it regardless of the side effects. I guess the only question is does it work? Ive read a lot of posts on these forums by people who have tried accutane. The fact that they are still on these forums implies that they still have acne. I really hope it works - the topical retin a derivative isotrex gel ive been using has helped me i think, so hopefully something a bit more potent (accutane) will finally solve my problems.

well to be honest im going to try it regardless of the side effects. I guess the only question is does it work? Ive read a lot of posts on these forums by people who have tried accutane. The fact that they are still on these forums implies that they still have acne. I really hope it works - the topical retin a derivative isotrex gel ive been using has helped me i think, so hopefully something a bit more potent (accutane) will finally solve my problems.

You seem to have exceedingly high expectations of accutane. It's not a miracle worker, but it can still be very effective. I have 0-2 active pimples on any given day now as opposed to maybe 6-8. My acne is basically a thing of the past, though red and dark marks still linger. But there is definitely a difference. And just to add, I was initially terrified about hearing about hair loss too, and it's actually rare that you'll get it as a side effect. And though my dice rolled snake eyes, you wouldn't be able to tell I lossed any hair. it's just sort of a problem when I'm in the shower and I wash my hair, I notice all this hair on my hands, but at the same time I kind of have long hair too. Like I said, it's really not that bad at all.

I'm sorry but I have to "lol" at this post.

if your depression was this bad, why not stop the drug right away if it's so horrible?

another route would be seeing a psychiatrist IF you wanted to stay on the drug during your treatment, and now without looking back at that experience you had, i'm sure you'd say it was worth it if your skin is now clear and life seems much brighter then it was pre-accutane.

Another thing to clear up, my uncle is a very knowledgeable and popular dermatologist who has said time and time again to his patients, "generally, your treatment on accutane is what you make of it." which I find very good advice, and personally he and I agree that if that label didn't have depression on it, there would be a much lower rate of it occuring as there currently is. Drug companies write down everything possible to PREVENT lawsuits from ever happening, and although I am sorry for your bad experience with accutane, now that your skin is most likely improved even possibly clear or near clear, you shouldn't look back at it as a bad decision unless it has caused you permanent damage...

and i believe your treatment with accutane is what you make it, before, i looked on this forum all the time reading up on side effects, tricking myself into thinking I was going to get, or have that side effect when now I realized that is self-defeating and not gonna do any good now, and if I truly had a bad side effect I'd stop immediately.

And I really don't understand why people keep knocking this drug, it has been a help to MILLIONS. The reason it doesn't seem like that is the people who it got rid of their acne with little side effects generally don't look back. They never are seen or heard from again on this site or never use this site since they never had to. So I think it's wrong to scare others into not taking a chance on this drug. You should all make an informed decision yourselves and when you start it you know the risks and benefits, the damn PLEDGE makes sure of that. If you didn't make a wise decision that's something I guess you have to live with then, just like any other decision in your life you must weigh the risks/benefits carefully

thanks

They said it was the cure

"Are there any risks?", I asked.

"Nothing aside from chapped lips, said the salesman with the medical degree and intimidating lab coat.

Vanity and stupidity possessed me

And I let the chemicals infiltrate my body.

A few months in, I knew something was wrong-

My conscious world turned hazy.

No matter when I woke up, it felt like I had just went to bed .

It was impossible to think. I couldn't hold conversations. I just pretended to listen.

People were talking mannequins.

Scatterbrain

an uncomfortable buzz forever

I kept forgetting things that were told to me 5 minutes later

I couldn't concentrate. I had to study in short intervals.

It was like stuck looking out into the world through a dirty window wearing scratchy earmuffs

But the worst part is that whenever I looked at myself it seemed like I was looking through a dirty mirror

My lips looked like they belonged on fish, but had the texture of sandpaper.

My skin developed scales

My hair felt like straw

My eyes screamed at light, and took up an addiction to eyedrops

Bruises and small cuts took weeks to heal

I wasn't human

There was no more color,

it dissipated.

I felt like I didn't exist like everybody else.

It was a chore to get up out of bed each morning

and live.

I didn't want to stop

My seduced mind was engrossed,

bring trapped in my own body, taking pill after pill

feeling the chemicals permeate throughout my veins.

All for a stupid reason

Fuck You Vanity

The world turned Hazy

Thank god it was temporary and I'm feeling normal again.

I just thought I'd post this

Really, Really like this.

Shut the hell up OP. Accutane highly increased the quality of my life, and even now, I'm still taking a maintenance dose. Long-term side-effects may appear, but I am willing to take that risk.

I'm fucking tired of all these people whining how they can't fix up their acne and they've tried everything but accutane, but they're too scared to take it. Guess what, it's the only drug that's gonna help you out, and you're dependent on it.

Then again, I am not aware of the long-term side-effects, but about the short term side-effects: I've been taking 10mg a day for months on end now and tan using a sunbed about once a week and have a golden tan. Only drug that's permanently affected my skin tone is topical isotretinoin (differin, retin-a, etc.).

/my rant

Eh, Accutane didn't cause any immense emotional or physical problems for me while I was taking it, BUT..

I had a HUGE LETDOWN when my acne returned with a vengeance only 3 MONTHS LATER... It's was like "you have got to be kidding me--- even this [email protected] didn't work???" And I was extremely careful about taking it regularly...