Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peanutbutterbrother

for those who DRINK apple cider vinegar

I've been drinking it for a couple of weeks now. Two teaspoons of organic Bragg apple cider vinegar into 8 oz of water three times a day. Results seem subtle, if any thus far. I also drink out of a straw because I heard ACV can ruin your teeth. But, I'm still left with a few questions. I'm also curious how those who've experimented with this have felt about it.

1) Can I mix everything into a big bottle I keep in the fridge?

Im sure anyone who drinks ACV knows the hassle of having to mix the drink every single time you want to drink it. So, my question is, instead of washing a teaspoon, measuring 8 oz of water, then mixing the ACV in with two teaspoons. Can't I just put four teaspoons in 16 oz of water and drink half of it later? Or six teaspoons in 24 oz of water and drink 1/3 of it throughout the day? And so forth?

2) Is ACV meant to be kept cold or in room temperature? Does this ruin it in anyway?

Well?

3) What effects have you noticed thus far from drinking thus, or when you use to drink it in the past?

1) Never tried it, cos I don't think about it.

2) I kept it cold.

3) I break out more from it. Drank it for a month, which was the whole bottle.

I bought it about two weeks ago. Bragg's Cider Vinegar.

I couldn't bare to continue using it, it's the most disgusting and stinkiest thing I ever drank and applied on my skin. Needless to say, the next day I poured the entire bottle down the drain. I swear it made me so nauseous. :doh:

mmm i love the taste :) but i dont like alcohol oddly haha

ANYWAY

1. i dunno if u can mix it, i dont just to be safe but i dont see why u can't. it seems reasonable enuf

2. room temperature is fine, thats how i bought mine and thats how keep it

3. it has an IB ive noticed :( but then it starts reducing breakouts (i def still use topicals, but i have noticed it helps a bit)

Just put a couple of spoonfuls in a cup and drink it down in one. Pinch your nose if you have too. You get a short moment of bad taste but it really isn't that bad.

I don't do it anymore because i cant be bothered, but when i did do it i really didn't find it that difficult.

Good luck with it :)

i love the taste! I actually now think that water tastes boring without it, is that weird?? Anyway there is an IB with it but it has worked wonders for me. Its reduced the number of new spots and my hyperpigmentation has decreased loads. I think to get the full effects you should use it as a toner as well as drink it (make sure you dilute it).

When I used, I had a HUGE clusterfuck of zits. Like, 5 zits right next to each other. Then I quit it.

like i said there is an IB, I had a similar outbreak when I first started. I carried on but diluted the avc I was using as a toner more, this seemed to do the trick. Honestly I think its worth pursuing avc for at least 2 weeks just to see if it can help, I couldnt live without it now. :dance:

Man, I've been kinda breaking out too. What gives? Anyway, I don't want to use it as a toner because it would dry out my skin (well, at least according to my ultra-conservative, your opinion doesn't matter dermatologist). But that guy has literally shot down every method I've brought up to him. But are you implying that simply drinking it won't give noticeable results, Jimmyjammy?

I also just began using this and I use about 2 tablespoons twice a day. I've been breaking out lately too but I'm hoping this is just an IB because I've still got a third of a bottle of Bragg's to go.

hmmmm its hard to say whether just drinking it is enough becuase I started drinking it and using it as a toner at the same time. Some people seem to find just drinking it is enough to have a positive effect, but seeing as though you havnt really seen any improvement using it as a toner might be a good idea. But on the other hand you may want to stick to ur derms advice. At the end of the day its ur choice........like ALL treatments different people will get different results.

Good luck with it.

Please don't drink this long term. You may be protecting your teeth by drinking with a straw but your upping your risk of esophageal cancer. Not only is it bad for your teeth but it's bad for your esophagus. Yes, there are health benefits but do they merit the risk??

Please don't drink this long term. You may be protecting your teeth by drinking with a straw but your upping your risk of esophageal cancer. Not only is it bad for your teeth but it's bad for your esophagus. Yes, there are health benefits but do they merit the risk??

I've never heard this before!!?? I did a search on the internet and the only link between acv and cancer I could find is that many people beleive its helpful as a preventative! Were did u find the research on this?

I've never heard this before!!?? I did a search on the internet and the only link between acv and cancer I could find is that many people beleive its helpful as a preventative! Were did u find the research on this?

nothing to do with cider specifically but heavy use of alcohol in general, more so combined with tobacco products increases the risk of esophageal cancer (not sure which subtype though)

nothing to do with cider specifically but heavy use of alcohol in general, more so combined with tobacco products increases the risk of esophageal cancer (not sure which subtype though)

thanks for clearing this up deuce....cant stand scare mongering!

Hi sorry, this was from my nutrition teacher. Exposure of the esophagus to lots of acid leads to increased risk of esophageal cancer. However I did some research and it does seem to have cancer preventing benefits. I would still drink it diluted though, maybe 1:1? I'd just be cautious with the acid.

definitely dilute it and drink with a straw

i drank it for a couple months

it helped for the first month but then it stopped working and i broke out on my cheeks and chin

it can help but i didn't find it to be a cure

i forgo the straw (the acid will leech some of the plastic as you drink from it). Instead i drink it carefully from a glass cup so that ACV-water mix doesn't touch my teeth. Sometimes, i'll rinse my mouth with a little baking soda diluted in water to balance out the pH.

Apple cider vinegar actually whitens teeth. I have been drinking atleast 2 tbs every day for a few months now. Best results I've ever had. Best choice I ever made, as far as I'm concerned. Apple cider vinegar is amazing...it has so many different benefits topically as well (hair, face). What it DOES and WHY it helps with your skin is that it works to balance the PH of the body. Although acidic, when it enters the body it becomes alkaline. This helps for most people in the western world, because most of our bodies are acidic due to terrible sugary diet lacking in vegetables and fruits. Acidity is a major cause of skin problems. :)

I don't see why you can't mix it together and put it in the fridge and drink it later lol

and yes it is a hassle to drink it. i think its more of a hassle to drink it than to apply it haha beacuse i have to mix it so that i dont taste the vinegar anymore :D

i think we get less pimples from drinking is because ACV is sort of a detox for your body. and not all pimples are hormonal :)

I just started taking ACV a couple days ago, 1 tsp per day as of right now. When should I expect to see the IB and how long should it last?

Thanks

I'm taking 1-2 T of ACV in water 3x daily. I also apply it to my face as a toner. I put a little on the cotton thing and then add water so it's not as strong. I only do that at night because the smell bothers me a little.

This seems to be doing the trick (along with other things: vitex, cetaphil, neutrogena AHA lotion, tea tree oil, fish oil, vitamin b, multivitamins).

Because I started so many things at once (about 3 weeks ago), it's hard to tell what is working but I'm so happy with the progress! I went from 20-25 painful bumps to 1-2 right now....and a lot of red marks. I'm looking for something to take care of those as soon as I'm really clear.