Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ronnie3

Liver/body flush

Does anyone know of a good liver flush?

Also, does anyone have info on the link between the liver/leaky gut and acne?

One more thing: coffee/alcohol. Does anyone notice a link?

With coffee and alcohol, I notice my face gets really oily after drinking those two things.

I also have several food allergies, one of them being brewers yeast... do you think it could be causing my acne, or at least not helping it?

I'm 33 years old, I'm sick of having acne. Been fighting it for years. I know it's got something to do with my diet. I already stay away from so much stuff.

I've got leaky gut and I know my liver needs to be flushed.

Please help.

Allergies could be causing/aggravating your acne, but don't waste your time with liverflushes. They do absolutely nothing apart from placebo (if you truly believe on them).

Get to know your allergies (get tested), and avoid the allergens. There's no proved causality-effect between diet and acne, but there could be, and in case there is for you, try different diets, without going crazy on them, because crazy diets are never healthy. You always need to get all the basic nutrients for your body to function. The source from where you get them is the thing that can change.

How about anyone else? Has/does anyone done/do a liver cleanse? What do you think?

I know diet has everything to do with acne. If I fast, my skin clears up. If I stay away from certain foods, I don't break out. I've been trying forever to nail down exactly what food make me break out.

I know nuts, bananas, and oils make me break out. Common denominator is fat. Thus my question about liver cleanse and maybe improving the way my body processes fats.

I know B vitamins (especially B5) helps you break down fats and it has helped my skin.

Does anyone know of a good liver flush?

Also, does anyone have info on the link between the liver/leaky gut and acne?

One more thing: coffee/alcohol. Does anyone notice a link?

With coffee and alcohol, I notice my face gets really oily after drinking those two things.

I also have several food allergies, one of them being brewers yeast... do you think it could be causing my acne, or at least not helping it?

I'm 33 years old, I'm sick of having acne. Been fighting it for years. I know it's got something to do with my diet. I already stay away from so much stuff.

I've got leaky gut and I know my liver needs to be flushed.

Please help.

I doubt your liver needs to be "flushed" fasting may have some serious benefits but you fast everynight when you sleep, as long as you dont eat too close to bedtime. A CR or calorie restricted diet which is scientifically proven to improve the bodys metabolic efficiency, increase lifespan 30% and improve natural antioxidant defense systems, its a much better bet then say, flushing your liver, Which to my knowledge has no good logic behind it or even scientific proof of any benefits whatsoever, which i realize doesnt PROVE that liver flushing has no benefits, its just that there is very little real biologically based reasoning for it to do anything particulary special, as opposed to a normal fast, or even opposed to fasting while your body is at rest during sleep.

As long as you arent gorging on calories and food, your body is going to run better, when you give it precisely what it needs and no more, give it too much to do and it will weaken.

I say double check all your vitamin intake and possibly restore any vitamin deficiencys you may have developed over the years, vitamins are the fist thing to check when we talk about any disease whatsoever as that is all you body even is, everything is made from those fricken things. The fact that the information is passe, has no forbearance on the reality of your lifes dependance and need for optimal vitamin reserves. STRESS will deplete these, thats why stress management is at the forefront of ALL health, it weakens EVERY part of you, take care of those issues in your life, solve them whatever, get away from negativity it will all eventually kill you. If you hate your job, quit. Happiness is healthiness.

Thanks for your input AutonomousOne1980.

I've actually (for the past couple of months) stopped eating in the early evening, a couple of hours before bed.

if you are truly dedicated and willing to do anything to help your acne

than do a 2 week long fast...and if you really really really really are willing to do anything to get rid of your acne and have your entire health improve, than do a 3 week urine fast

I gauruntee you will get clear with either of these, the urine one being better