Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jb Ave

Sooo not cool.

So, yeah.. here's me.. Umm.. I feel kinda weird putting this on the net but it's so you can get an idea of things.. And it's really hard to take a picture of your back if you've never tried so it's a little blurry but an accurate photo I think. I wash with Cetaphil every night and put aloe vera on my back (I have flexible arms, I can reach everywhere lol). I'm not sure what else to do... is there anything? I'm on 200mg of minocycline per day, starting last week so maybe that'll help make a difference.. I am sooo frustrated.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/c...Yo/Dec08027.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/c.../Dec08024-1.jpg

So, yeah.. here's me.. Umm.. I feel kinda weird putting this on the net but it's so you can get an idea of things.. And it's really hard to take a picture of your back if you've never tried so it's a little blurry but an accurate photo I think. I wash with Cetaphil every night and put aloe vera on my back (I have flexible arms, I can reach everywhere lol). I'm not sure what else to do... is there anything? I'm on 200mg of minocycline per day, starting last week so maybe that'll help make a difference.. I am sooo frustrated.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/c...Yo/Dec08027.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/c.../Dec08024-1.jpg

Wow, you have a long torso? How tall are you? You have very light acne, and it doesn't look bad at all. I'm on Dan's bacne regimen, and it's working great. I would suggest that for you.

http://www.acne.org/back-acne-start.html

Yeah, I didn't know either until about a month ago. I just wanted my back to clear, but didn't want my clothes to bleach from benzoyl peroxide. I just randomly stumbled upon that link. My back is completely clear now though. :D

I'm 5'5, realme. Yeah, it's light, but it's still pretty visible. And yeah, I'm 15, Nike. I've had it for like, 6-9 months, lol I didn't really notice when I first got it.. but I'ma check that link out.. the only problem is that I'm using Duac which is prescription for my face, it's 2.5% BP, and I don't wanna use that all up, so can I get an over the counter 5% BP somewhere? And thanks for the replies, people. Much appreciated.

I'm 5'5, realme. Yeah, it's light, but it's still pretty visible. And yeah, I'm 15, Nike. I've had it for like, 6-9 months, lol I didn't really notice when I first got it.. but I'ma check that link out.. the only problem is that I'm using Duac which is prescription for my face, it's 2.5% BP, and I don't wanna use that all up, so can I get an over the counter 5% BP somewhere? And thanks for the replies, people. Much appreciated.

Yeah, I would suggest using the AHA for light acne instead of the BP, but you can use the BP if you would like. The AHA works great for me though, and I had light acne on my back like you.

Alright, I think I'll go the store and see if I can find some AHA; I don't wanna use all the duac, although sometimes I use it just behind my shoulders (where the acne is the worst.. maybe it's my backpack eek, but I never wear it on my shoulders, I always wear sweatshirts at this time of year...) I'm not quite sure if it seems to work. Actually at one point it was worse than this, I think washing my back and putting the aloe on has helped some but I wanna be clear NOOOOW. I am soooo tired of this acne shit.

i used to have realllllly bad back acne. i started to use dove body wash for sensitive skin with one of those puff ball things attatched to a string. went away real fast.

might be just the quality of the pictures, but it dont look bad at all.

Cool, glad it worked for you, I'ma check it out. And yeah, it's not that bad, but it's bad enough that I want to do something about it. :)

Honestly, I am a 15 year old guy, and I don't think your bacne is bad at all. I wouldn't be afraid of wearing a tank top if I were you.

I would do Dan's regimen, as I have a little bit of back acne and I am going to start it. I have tried just using soap on it in the shower for a month now and it has actually gotten worse.

Drink lots of water and do Dan's bacne regimen.

Thanks, copilot. :)

15yo: thanks for the reply & support. Right now it's winter in DC and REALLY cold (I'm not warm till it's like 75 anyway lol) so I have plenty of time to try to get rid of it before I gotta start wearing tank tops, but yeah.. I would recommend NOT using soap, because it just dries out your skin.. eh... If you're gonna use soap, I recommend Cetaphil.

I just started putting Head & Shoulders shampoo on my back and shoulders and leaving it on for like 3 to 5 minutes when I shower because I heard that helps.. I have the "scalp moisturizing" kind, so maybe it won't dry out my skin (though that's not really a problem for my back) and I actually think I've seen a big improvement after using it only 3 times. So you might try that.

Good luck and thank you for the feedback! :)

I guess the h&s thing really does make sense. I have actually the identical situation as you with the bacne even at the same light (annoying) intensity of it. The difference is that I'm 24 and I've had it since your age. I have never once in my life worn a tank top outside. I own them though...strange.

I'm on dan's regimen now for a few days and so far nothing new has formed. I'm afraid to try anything new at the same time. All I have to say is that I would really rather be a guy and have bacne than being a girl. It really stinks.

About Head and Shoulders, I think it is a good wash for sensitive skin - my father also has really sensitive skin, a bit like mine, and he doesn't wash his face anymore at all, but instead just uses Head&Shoulders in the shower and he's clear. The weirdest thing...I'm not quite sure why, but I guess since it is so gentle and is supposed to help with skin issues on the scalp anyways, it also works on the back and face.

I've been too scared to attempt it myself though, in case it happens to not work for me at all. v_v; I'm too paranoid and jaded when it comes to new ideas to rid myself of acne now. Cynicism sucks!

Oh, and by the way, your back looks absolutely fine to me. I hardly notice any spots, and the ones I do see look normal. To me honest, I've met very few people with perfectly clear backs - there are always a couple of spots, and if not, there are almost always blackheads somewhere on them, but I wouldn't have even noticed that if I wasn't studying to be a masseuse. Honestly, I rub my hands over blemishes all the time and it doesn't bother me a single bit, even when it's a LOT worse than yours, and I don't struggle with tons of bacne myself, so it's not even me "being easy on them" or "trying not to notice." It's just a fact - bacne is not that gross. Just natural.

Also - dayummm, you've got an amazing figure!!! Any guy would be nuts to look at your acne when you've got such a nice shape to your back. Especially at only 5'5''. (:

Sommelier- yeah, I JUST started using that on my back and it's been making a difference. I'm not too excited about putting it on my FACE... It kind of seems like it might have some weird chemicals in it or something, I don't know .. Lol.. Putting shampoo on your face? I dunno. If I see enough good results with my back I will give it a try and let you know! Good luck to you too. I also own tank tops that I won't wear outside except underneath sweatshirts when I know I won't take the sweatshirt off.

TheHonoraryLoli- thanks for the reply, it's true that when I run my hands down my back I don't feel anything, it's just red spots and maybe a few bumps here and there. Cynicism DOES suck, trust me, I would know about that... For now, it doesn't help, so I'm tryina discard it and adopt the optimistic view but that often leads to disappointment.. Anyway, thank you for the compliment, it made me smile :D