Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bambi546

Taking Vitamins to Clear Up Acne

I started having acne when I was 13 and am 23 now and it started getting worse this past summer. I used antibiotics before but could never get my derm to prescribe me Accutane. I also used Retin A micro and nothing was helping. I'm getting married in July 2009 and was worried about how my skin would look for my wedding day and a little over a month ago, my mom sent me this link..angelfire.com/md/cookiemueller/pimplescure.html. She suggested I try it out since they weren't trying to sell me anything and its just vitamins. I started right away and my face is almost completely clear after having really bad cystic acne. Every day I take the following and wash my face with Neutrogena acne wash and just put on oil free moisturizer.

Vitamin A and D, always taken together as cod liver oil pills. I take 12 a day.

B complex in pill form- 100 mgs. daily

C- 1,000 mgs. daily

E- 400 I.U.s daily

Zinc- 30 mgs. daily

Niacin- 100 mgs. twice a day

I know its a lot of pills but after a week or so it just became part of my daily routine. A couple weeks ago I also got some glycolic acids face peeling gel that I use weekly to help with the scarring and it really has helped. I use Glycolic Acid 35% Gel Peel, 30ml that I got from the Amazon website. I really believe in this and hope that I can help someone else by posting this!

I started having acne when I was 13 and am 23 now and it started getting worse this past summer. I used antibiotics before but could never get my derm to prescribe me Accutane. I also used Retin A micro and nothing was helping. I'm getting married in July 2009 and was worried about how my skin would look for my wedding day and a little over a month ago, my mom sent me this link..angelfire.com/md/cookiemueller/pimplescure.html. She suggested I try it out since they weren't trying to sell me anything and its just vitamins. I started right away and my face is almost completely clear after having really bad cystic acne. Every day I take the following and wash my face with Neutrogena acne wash and just put on oil free moisturizer.

Vitamin A and D, always taken together as cod liver oil pills. I take 12 a day.

B complex in pill form- 100 mgs. daily

C- 1,000 mgs. daily

E- 400 I.U.s daily

Zinc- 30 mgs. daily

Niacin- 100 mgs. twice a day

I know its a lot of pills but after a week or so it just became part of my daily routine. A couple weeks ago I also got some glycolic acids face peeling gel that I use weekly to help with the scarring and it really has helped. I use Glycolic Acid 35% Gel Peel, 30ml that I got from the Amazon website. I really believe in this and hope that I can help someone else by posting this!

Since you took antibiotics, I highly recommend taking probiotics to restore healthy bacteria in your gut. This is an important part of immunity and digestion.

I doubt that the Vitamin C, Vitamin E, or niacin will do anything for you, but you can test this out yourself before you drop them.

Cod liver oil is cheaper when you get it in liquid form, and will have the full spectrum of nutrients. Make sure you get a high-quality brand that doesn't add synthetic Vitamin A and D.