Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elchileno11

done smoking

i havent smoked a cigg since sat. its almost been i week....i kinda need 1 right now but im gona fight the urges..anyways im goin to see if my redness around my scars lightens up due to not smoking....what do u think??

def shouldnt hurt

I think Cigs do me in but I still smoke anyway unfortunately, cut down alot tho.... about 5-6 a day now

i want to smoke one right now but im gona feel soo nasty when im done smoking it.......i feel like my skin feels dirty and im gona pop out with like 3 pimples

Actually stopping smoking usually has negative effects since it somewhat lowers stress hormones.

Smoking will NOT help acne....

Its a disgusting habit that puts toxins into your body. Next time you see a smoker, take note of how their skin looks.

Its a disgusting habit that puts toxins into your body. Next time you see a smoker, take note of how their skin looks.

lindsey lohan smokes like a damn chimney and her skin is perfect

My skin was the clearest back when i was a smoker. I mean, i was absolutely clear with a healthy glow. I'm not saying that smoking cleared me up (maybe it helped, maybe it didn't), i'm just saying that it didn't seem like it was making my skin worse. I'm sure i'll be better off without cigs in the long run though, as soon as my body is completely used to being nicotine-free (i only quit just this past summer).

They were getting way too expensive anyway. Where i live (Toronto), the brand i used to smoke costs about 10 dollars for a 25 pack. I could be using that money to nourish my body instead of flooding it with free radicals.

many famous people smokes... ^^ but ya is bad for you.

Smoking sometime wont kill.

Yeah, but Lindsey Lohan is also a celebrity and most likely has a dermatologist that gives her expensive drugs to keep her skin good, and she can afford it because she's rich.

I stopped smoking two years ago after eleven years of the filthy habit. I definitely found an improvement in how quickly my skin would heal at that time plus not having my fingers around my mouth so much helped.

It's been suggested that smoking reduces your stress levels as it encourages you to breathe deeply for a period of five mins or so (depending on how fast you smoke). I found that sucking air through a straw helped pass the urge plus should have a similar effect.

Once you've broken the physical habit (few days) it's just a change in your state of mind required.

Best thing I've ever done...

I was a smoker in the past. And when I started accutane I flushed like crazy, and even if I somehow knew that it was normal, i stopped smoking for a few days, and guess what? redness and inflamation reduced. So since I was craving for awesome skin I stopped smoking! Every time i wanted a cigar badly I tought of my skin red like crazy, and it was a good motive and helped me a lot to quit! 1 month since i smoked my last cigar, first 2 weeks were hard like shit, but now im doing okay (still avoid being around smokers)

I was a smoker in the past. And when I started accutane I flushed like crazy, and even if I somehow knew that it was normal, i stopped smoking for a few days, and guess what? redness and inflamation reduced. So since I was craving for awesome skin I stopped smoking! Every time i wanted a cigar badly I tought of my skin red like crazy, and it was a good motive and helped me a lot to quit! 1 month since i smoked my last cigar, first 2 weeks were hard like shit, but now im doing okay (still avoid being around smokers)

i havent really smoked...but my skin is red around my cheeks...u think its cause of smoking?????im craving for a newport now but w.e......im goin to try not to smoke for 1 month and see if my redness goes away....

your body starts a whole cleansing process when you stop smoking. You will noticed a stuffier nose, more ear wax, darker urine, more coughing etc

I suppose your skin will excecrate alot of the toxins out as well, could go either way...

She wears make up. , i did saw small acne in some pic.....

-_-

Gotta be the most ignorant thing I have seen in a while.

When is the last time you saw miss Lohan with no makeup on?

smoking will dry your skin out, so there may be some scientific argument for smoking helping acne

however, smoking overall is bad for you & will cause premature aging of the skin, so itll come back to bite you years later

i say that as a smoker. but im trying to quit after the new year