Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
frizledizle6

uninflamed cysts?

i have a cyst on my cheek thats under my skin. it hasnt stuck up past the surface and it isnt red or inflamed. i can only see it if i pull my skin tight, then i can see the shape of it. its been there for almost 2 months and i keep waiting for it to rupture and become inflamed but it has yet to. will a cyst leave a scar if it never gets big? Also have any of you had a cyst just go away without doing anything to it? ive been nearly acne free for a long time with just the occasional whitehead. i dont know why this cyst has decided to pop up. any advice would be much appreciated.

I've had a few of these, and I had one on my cheek for about ten years! Couldn't really see it, didn't hurt, but it was just a hard bump. I had to have it removed by the doctor. He actually lanced it and then drained it. I still have one behind my ear (and honestly people... I'm taking a guess that it's been there for about twenty years). I'd really like to know if any other people have had cysts (or nodules) hang around that long.

Please respond if you have. It is very strange.

I've had a few of these, and I had one on my cheek for about ten years! Couldn't really see it, didn't hurt, but it was just a hard bump. I had to have it removed by the doctor. He actually lanced it and then drained it. I still have one behind my ear (and honestly people... I'm taking a guess that it's been there for about twenty years). I'd really like to know if any other people have had cysts (or nodules) hang around that long.

How did the doctor remove it? was there a chance of getting a scar?

How did the doctor remove it? was there a chance of getting a scar?

I am interested in the answers to these questions as well. Also did you tell him it was an acne cyst?

The derm lanced the cyst and squeezed. And I "gunk" that came out of there was white and looked like mashed potatoes. The smell was horedous, and we warned the nurse and me before that it would really stink, as the stuff had been there for a long long time. I haven't had them remove the ones beyind my ears, and they have been there much longer. But I think I will. They just irritate me.

As far as scarring, so there was no permanent scar. He did have to put a few stiches in.

how could you get stitches with now scar? my derm recommended that it be cut out but i dont think that having a stitch scar would be worth it. i feel the cyst will leave a much less noticeable mark than a suture. any input would be helpful

I can't remember all the details. It was a long time ago. But he lanced it, and then drained it. Of course I was frozen, so I'm not sure exactly what he did. He did have to put a few stitches in, and I have no scar. It wasn't really noticeable, but something like that being on your face for years is annoying.