Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK so I i'm not a skin expert. However its evident that although there are some great products out there that really help acne, the bottom line is that it wont help anybody. It seems very evident to me that despite what sort of cleanser/mosituriser you use if your body wants to do the whole pore blocking thing and disfigure your face with zits and leave behind red marks for months, then it will do it regardless (seems to have a mind of its own) :(

Well.. I think treatments should be looked at in a different way. For a start how nice would it be to actually give us a mosituriser that matched your skin tone? So instead of rubbing the cream into your skin it actually concealed your acne? No pore blocking and while its actually on your skin you feel great about yourself all day and ready to go face the world because you don't need to worry about it. I really hate the fact that you need to wait ages before anything actually kicks in. By then your left with a tonne of red marks and scars to deal with. So thats my first sugestion. Some sort of cream that promotes healing in acne but also covers it up.

Second idea, and this is a strange one. But if your like me and unfortunate enough to get acne on your cheeks :( (it hurts me most when its on the cheeks) then how about using some sort of injection that you use in the inside of your gums? I mean think how accessible the layers of skin and pores are from inside your mouth? Simply use an injection that contains some sort of an anti acne solution and inject it on your gums so that the needle goes about half way into your cheek. Maybe it could be a strong anti bacterial solution? I don't know. But I would love if there was just more effective treatments than accutane or BP. as good as they are, it sure would be nice if there was a universial cure or at least something that really mitigated the problem.

However its evident that although there are some great products out there that really help acne, the bottom line is that it wont help anybody.

Excuse me? :)

It's always ok to vent! That's what this place is for. If you are having a hard time treating your acne. Have been through the ringer with bp, antibiotics and otc topical without much progress. Start looking into accutane.

I waited until I was 40 years old before I went on low dose accutane, 10mg a day a day, for 3 months. It was the best thing and I ever done.

Good Luck