Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Praetorian 80

a question for Dan,

hey Dan, i was just wondering, how long can it take for red marks from old acne to fade? i cant seem to get a clear answer, i read somewhere that u just waited for ur marks to fade, but how long did that take? can it possibly take years? thanks alot.

hey Dan, i was just wondering, how long can it take for red marks from old acne to fade? i cant seem to get a clear answer, i read somewhere that u just waited for ur marks to fade, but how long did that take? can it possibly take years? thanks alot.

I'm no Dan, but red marks can take a long time to fade. I would say about 4-5 months. I would suggest buying AHA, because I use that and it's faded my red mark significantly. It's like it speeds up the red mark healing process.

I've read that it can take up to 6 months for red marks to fade. This varies widely depending on the person's skin. In my own experience, red marks will fade right away, or at the longest within a few weeks. I have heard from other people, often of ethnic heritage, that their red marks can take much longer.

I have marks on my middle/upper back that have never gone away. These are simply scars. So in a sense, red marks that never go away can be considered scars.

When dealing with red marks what is most important is preventing acne in the first place, and thus preventing future red marks.

Mine are fading very, very slowly. But it's all I can hope for--I'm Chinese with brown skin. Whatever, I'm just so happy that my skin is clear! I'm on day 38 and they're fading really slowly, my mom says that they're lighter but she could also be saying that just to alleviate my worries.

Btw, I just have to add I've read the posts about how some people feel that BP makes their red marks worse. It's not true--at least for me--it just makes them temporarily redder (about 5-12 hrs) while the BP is working.