Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ikrit

Dating girls w/ acne vs w/o acne.

I could care less if someone has acne or has been clear for life - having a "type" seems silly to me, since I think people should go for whoever they happen to want to be with, not worrying about whether they have acne or not, a certain face or hair style, whatever! It's all silly. If you like here, and I mean /really/ like her, who cares if she doesn't have any acne.

Some of the most accepting friends I have never ever had to deal with severe break-outs; it all depends on who they are, not whether they have it or not. I mean, sure, you think the same girl would be "more accepting" if she had acne, but how could you know that before you get to know her? You should be trying to get to know people at first, not just immediately worrying how they will accept you a few months or years down the line.

I'm just going to talk from personal experience, my girlfriend has got flawless skin, which has got some pros and cons

First off she is one of the sweetest people I have ever met and I love her to bits, I'm not terribly shallow but think she's pretty and quite out of my league but her skin hasn't really entered mymind until I sawthis post, I trynot to think bout acne, it's generrally a tad depressing

Anywho, the positives i guess are all extremely shallowand hypocritical, but she looks good and I think I'd find acne off puttign when talking to someone and kissing etc. At the end of the day it is repulsive, scabs and puss and the like. Also I'm just happy she doesn't have to put up with the shit us acne suffers all know a d love

The main negative is that I never feel good enough,every time I see her I am shitting myself that she might take a look at my face and head fir the hills, but lucky fir me, she's reallyisnt sgallow so she puts up with me :), also one thing that I hate is when she gets like on tiiiiny pimple and bitches and moans about sonethi g Ivan hardly see, I just tell her "thinkabout whoyou'r talking to"

Basically- no real conclusion, just my 2 cents

I don't think I would date a guy BECAUSE of acne...but then I wouldn't NOT date a guy because of it either. I know that you have to be attracted to a person physically, but I could care less about acne. I am not intimidated by someone who never had acne, but then again, it is nice to be with someone who understands your issues. Then again, who is to say that a guy (or girl) who never had acne wouldn't understand as well?

Ultimately, appearances matter little to me. Yes I have to find the person attractive, but there are a lot of beautiful people in the world. Give people a chance. =)

for me I would ideally want to date a girl with acne. I think it would make me feel much more comfortable around her. also not to mention that she can help me out with treatments and understand how I feel.

My ex gf's all had radiant flawless skin and they couldn't understand what it felt like to suffer from acne(yes their were days that I just didn't want them to see me because I was worried what they would say or do) So yeah I would rather date a girl with acne, but I haven't dated one so far..

and on a side note I find girls with acne rather cute! no kidding

I find acne on myself ugly, but on a girl its adorable LOL I'm WEIRD

Yes!! totally agree with everything you just said.

Im a girl, now 19, with very friggin persistant acne. And being around people with flawless skin just makes you feel like a freak! I've wasted (wish i could say i still dont..) so much time and effort making excuses as to why i dont wanna see anyone that day, praying things would look better tomorrow. Its fcked up we're made to feel ashamed about something we've no control over. "Clean and clear and under contol!" are you kidding me?? That shit does nothing, if not make it worse. Get off my tv!

But yeah, when it comes to dating i'd say its much more comfortable to be with someone who can understand how much this effects our life. It changes a person immensely..

Andd.. glad to hear im not alone with my bazzarr preferences.. lol, although i find the acne on myself utterly repulsive, when i see a cute guy with zits its just like AWWWEEEE!!!! Adorable.

You prefer a girl with acne, you'd be out of luck where I live because theres just the one. Also, what your basically saying is youd prefer someone who is insecure and therefore you'd like to play on that insecurity.

Surely, you should date someone you find attractive whether its physically or their personality, rather than looking for someone with acne.

Personally, I think it is more noticable when a girl has acne then when a guy does. Women are expected to be more attractive or "pretty" than men are. Guys have to deal with acne sans makeup and people know this. Girls are expected to try and cover it up therefore women feel more ashamed of it and more ashamed not to use makeup because people expect them to. When a guy has acne many girls don't really notice and don't really care. Especially if that guy has a great job, friends, has other activities in his life. These weigh out the acne.

I know many people on here are maybe thinking that their acne will never go away but it will. It's less permanant than a dead beat/no personality person with great skin. I would rather have a guy covered with acne that I connected with. They have to LOVE YOU FOR YOU. If you are really really attracted to someone it won't matter about some zits that will eventually disappear or if they have good skin.

Edited by onelife

I'm just going to talk from personal experience, my girlfriend has got flawless skin, which has got some pros and cons

First off she is one of the sweetest people I have ever met and I love her to bits, I'm not terribly shallow but think she's pretty and quite out of my league but her skin hasn't really entered mymind until I sawthis post, I trynot to think bout acne, it's generrally a tad depressing

Anywho, the positives i guess are all extremely shallowand hypocritical, but she looks good and I think I'd find acne off puttign when talking to someone and kissing etc. At the end of the day it is repulsive, scabs and puss and the like. Also I'm just happy she doesn't have to put up with the shit us acne suffers all know a d love

The main negative is that I never feel good enough,every time I see her I am shitting myself that she might take a look at my face and head fir the hills, but lucky fir me, she's reallyisnt sgallow so she puts up with me :), also one thing that I hate is when she gets like on tiiiiny pimple and bitches and moans about sonethi g Ivan hardly see, I just tell her "thinkabout whoyou'r talking to"

Basically- no real conclusion, just my 2 cents

Is this for real?

That just seems crazy to me you would say that. Think about it the other way around, maybe she is repulsed by your acne.."puss, scabs and all that stuff" she's just not shallow like u are, she likes u for u and ur personality" I have a a bit of acne but i'm still a very beautiful girl with a very handsome husband who has flawless skin and love me no matter what!

(If it matters I’m a 25 year old male dealing with mild/mod acne since 13)

So I’ve been thinking about this and I was curious to know if you guys think I’m nuts…

There’s a much better chance this girl is not superficial. She isn’t going to care if I have acne.

Empathetic and kind hearted. Which in turns means they aren’t money-grubbing, two-timing, etc.

i'm also 25 and dealing since 13.

i don’t think you're nuts, i just think what you said is absolutely ridiculous

one scenario: if she doesn't care you have acne just because she has it too, then she is just 'settling' for you. and one day when her skin clears (if it does), she may well dump you when her confidence comes back.

just because of someone’s skin you cannot determine what they are like inside. they could be the most superficial person you've ever met in your life. but just because they have bad skin they are hiding their true personality under a veil of damaged confidence

for some people acne is a turn on. sometimes i lick girls' zits

what. the. fuck.

I remember this thread and this is one of the greatest replies in org history lol. ^

I was going to reply in this thread and then remembered that I had...two years ago. haha.

My reply stands. Although I would like to address the comments about wanting to date a girl with acne because she is more immature. That is a sweeping (and untrue) generalization. I get acne in random waves and it doesn't affect how I feel about myself. That comes through when meeting others I think. Your self-perception. Acne doesn't make you have low self-esteem, you choose that. I know it is harsh to say but it is the truth.

i dont care if she got acne .as long as im attracted to her i dong give an f.and as long as she got a butt face and you know what im good ..GIGIDY

I dated a girl with acne for about 4 months... she use to point at her red spots and say "look at my break outs" ... i wouldnt even acknowledge it, id stare at her eyes and her lips... I liked it... One time she had a big pimple, but my eyes glanced over it and I didnt even notice it was there.....

Then I dated a girl with clear skin, she was too vain for me, she didnt like it when I broke out, even though she still stayed the night.. but I felt so ugly... I could feel she was irritated with my skin when I broke out horribly but that only lasted 6 months..

If i had my choice, id go with the girl with acne, she made me go out and meet her sister and brothers and didnt really care about my skin..... the girl with clear skin I could tell she wanted me for other reasons.

I almost broke up with my old ex-boyfriend because of his back acne, I just remember thinking "ew that's so gross."

But then, i thought about his personality, and that meant more to me. When I had acne, guys just laughed at me..and now that I don't anymore I treat guys really bad kinda like payback.

I never call them back and flake on them etc. Before i ever had acne i was very loving and even had crushes on guys with acne. But now, I have much higher standards now that i dont have acne and I treat guys terribly, but for some reason it makes them want me more.

i get the feeling it doesnt matter to anyone here because we all have it..i dont know if the rest of the general public feel this way, clear skin IS more attractive ..but intimidating to those of us who have acne..

I almost broke up with my old ex-boyfriend because of his back acne, I just remember thinking "ew that's so gross."

But then, i thought about his personality, and that meant more to me. When I had acne, guys just laughed at me..and now that I don't anymore I treat guys really bad kinda like payback.

I never call them back and flake on them etc. Before i ever had acne i was very loving and even had crushes on guys with acne. But now, I have much higher standards now that i dont have acne and I treat guys terribly, but for some reason it makes them want me more.

you are using basic "game" to make guys want you more, call it payback or whatever its basic phsycology, by "flaking " on them you are crating a barrier or a challenge that the guys feel they want to overcome..i bet you arent as efficient with guys you like?

Payback? If a person with acne makes fun of yours it's either in a joking way or they are just making themselves look stupid. I'm assuming the guys that made fun of your acne didn't have acne problems themselves.

So your payback is treating guys with acne bad because guys without acne treated you bad? Now I'm gonna treat every girl bad as payback for what your doing!

i find the oposite to be honest. being with someone who has never had it is quite refreshing, as they see it a LOT LESS on others than we do.

those who have never had it (some) tend to care less than those that have had maybe a minor bit of it and ended up fixing it with either age or some general products; the kind of person who might get 1 or 2 from time to time, maximum.

those that have never had it do not understand it and do not talk about it or notice it IMO, they might purely ask innocent questions but nothing sinister.

as a former acne sufferer (well, current, but currently under very good control) i do not want to be reminded of it ever again. i enjoy life more not relating to anyone about it. its like a horrible event in history that i want to forget. maybe i will one day when my life has some more substance, but not right now while i'm having fun.

the last girl i was with i could see she had some blemishes (most likely acne), some minor marks - i could see it through her foundation when i was right up close to her. but these clearly did not bother her in the slightest, and we'd never have to talk about it and i wouldn't want to talk about it or bring attention to it. i have no urge to start a conversation "you see those little red marks under your foundation?.. well i used to have acne but now i don't.. so i can relate to you"... can you imagine?

...... would be fucking awful lol. couldn't think of a bigger mood killer

Edited by Grind

I've never felt that it would matter to me. It's all about the person and their confidence.

The main reason I don't put myself out there is because of my lack of confidence. I let my acne get the better of me in that respect, but my acne isn't the specific reason. After all, you could take that away and I still would have the confidence or self esteem to put myself out there. I figure if I can fix those problems, the personality I would then be happy to display would be appealing to others.

In terms of having a partner whose skin problems I can relate to, and visa versa, I guess that would be good. I'd be intrigued to see how that would play out, psychologically. Like if one of us cleared up and the other didn't, would it change things? Would the person who didn't clear up feel inferior somehow? All just hypothetical I suppose...

Regardless of what a potential partner looks like, I just think my own personal goal right now is to get enough confidence to be able to see myself as someone girls would like to date. From there, if I were to then meet someone who I enjoyed spending time with and we were ultimately happier people because we were together, I don't imagine that physical appearance would be such a huge issue for me one way or the other.

Edited by PaulH85

That sounds absolutely silly that you call it "payback" just because now you have clear skin, grow the fuck up.

Edited by jjballer22