Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ikrit

Dating girls w/ acne vs w/o acne.

(If it matters I’m a 25 year old male dealing with mild/mod acne since 13)

So I’ve been thinking about this and I was curious to know if you guys think I’m nuts…

If I were actually going out to try to “hit on†a girl (which rarely happens :P), I’d rather hit on one with acne, regardless of its severity.

If I had a girl with the same exact personality traits and there was a version of her with acne and one without acne I’d take the one with acne. (I’m not saying I’d want someone to have acne as that would obviously be terrible, I’m just saying I’d prefer a girl who already has it to begin with – you guys know what I mean).

Why?

There’s a much better chance this girl is not superficial. She isn’t going to care if I have acne. This in turn would mean that they are probably much more…

Empathetic and kind hearted. Which in turns means they aren’t money-grubbing, two-timing, etc.

This would all in all culminate in what I would believe would lead to a better long-term relationship (and marriage) instead of the divorce that more than 50% of all American marriages experience (I bet its probably 60%-70% now).

I know this kind of goes against evolutionary thinking (unfortunately I think acne is kind of an evolutionary filter) but I bet a pairing where at least one individual has long-term acne (or any other disfigurement for that matter) would lead to a happier and healthier long-term relationship.

Just think of two couples, one where both peeps have acne and the other where both don’t. If you had to guess which couple has a better chance of having a good long-term relationship would you pick the one with acne?

So do you think I’m … crazy/wrong?

Regardless, I’m pretty sure if I had to the option to talk to a bunch of girls, I’d just go for the one with the worst acne because I think she has the highest chance of having a good heart. Of course the girl with the worst acne could be a witch but I think those chances are low, especially considering I haven't seen any girl on here say anything mean.

I know that acne changes a person, but I seen girls with acne that act like total a-holes when it comes to guys.

Some girls have acne but they don't care, they don't put focus on their acne, to them it's normal and to them everyone has it.

I personally like girls with acne, I guess cause I myself have it? But then I love girls with facial flaws like freckles, birthmarks etc I think it's cute. :)

i have some bad news...YOUR CRAZY!!

nah, im only kidding. interesting what you said though. i can see where you're coming from, thinking that all acne sufferers will be less superficial, but it is probably wrong to generalise too much. i know girls who aren't superficial at all - and they dont have any acne. for acne to be the tipping point of any relationship is probably not a good thing, even if it falls on the side of the acne sufferer.

as for the "Just think of two couples, one where both peeps have acne and the other where both don’t", i don't think that those with acne have a particularily better chance of having a long term relationship - i think that for any relatoinship to last in the long run, attraction has to be much more than skin deep, although it might be the case that the basis for a long term relationship is found quicker with a couple with acne, as they may initially place more stress on the non physical side - i dunno.... :wacko:

hahah, i know what you mean! secretly, i like it when my boyfriend breaks out (even though it pisses him off) because then i'm relieved that im not the only one!!!

People are different when it comes to how they cope with it. Some people get edgy because they're defensive and self-conscious of it, others make sure their personalities outweigh their appearance so they still have their confidence. Society has etched images into our minds of how we should look, and I've distanced myself very far from it and can see through acne and I think other acne-sufferers have too. I will ignore skin imperfections but never single someone out (positively or negatively) because they have acne. I do think that it's shaped me for the better: not materialistic, very healthy, let my personality shine through instead of being shy or closemouthed, more aspirations, etc.

interesting. but to me, i'd think it's more cuz you'd feel more comfortable. i mean, imagine you got a few pimplez, and she/he is perfect; hasn't had one zit in his/her life, that's like a slap in the face. when it comes to genetics of skin, score: them 1, me and you 0. but did you ever get close to a girl and you get really frickin shy? i have. let me tell you what happenz: you're shy n awkward, and it makes her feel shy n awkward. that's just one example. but expand that and it equates to this: take someone out of their comfort zone, and it's lights out. could be the pimplez. could be the awkwardness of it all too.

i don't really think it's about acne. i think it's about comfort. no one likes the cold. make someone feel warm, and everything gets brighter. at least that's what i think.

for some people acne is a turn on. sometimes i lick girls' zits

I'm glad that my boyfriend doesn't have consistent acne attacking his face all the time, and needs to care of his face day and nice ( I think he only washes when he showers ... ) But it's because guys don't really have the option of using make-up ( yes they can, but most think it's an unmanly thing to do ). Thankful that he doesn't need to stress over red inflamed spots on his face 'cause he has fair skin as well, I'm pretty tan, so I can deal :P .

honestly i would prefer a girl without acne.. i know flame me with shallow and bullshit but for me, i hate acne with a passion, idk for me its like i dont want a girl i want to date with something i hate, idk it may sound all wrong and i may look shallow (i am alittle) but its different then it sounds

for me I would ideally want to date a girl with acne. I think it would make me feel much more comfortable around her. also not to mention that she can help me out with treatments and understand how I feel.

My ex gf's all had radiant flawless skin and they couldn't understand what it felt like to suffer from acne(yes their were days that I just didn't want them to see me because I was worried what they would say or do) So yeah I would rather date a girl with acne, but I haven't dated one so far..

and on a side note I find girls with acne rather cute! no kidding

I find acne on myself ugly, but on a girl its adorable LOL I'm WEIRD

come on guys lets get serious

i understand the whole... if the other person has acne theyre prolly more sensitive to the fact, probably more reflective as a person than someone who doesnt (*maybe*)

but why would you prefer to date someone who has a skin disease/condition over someone who doesnt

coming from someone who has acne

not to say that people w/ acne are ugly (god i hope not)

but thats like saying, id rather date someone who has eczema than someone who doesnt

why

come on guys lets get serious

i understand the whole... if the other person has acne theyre prolly more sensitive to the fact, probably more reflective as a person than someone who doesnt (*maybe*)

but why would you prefer to date someone who has a skin disease/condition over someone who doesnt

coming from someone who has acne

not to say that people w/ acne are ugly (god i hope not)

but thats like saying, id rather date someone who has eczema than someone who doesnt

why

It's all about comfort!

For example lets say theirs this really attractive beautiful girl in your class and shes perfect in your eyes. I would be scared out of my mind to even say "hi" to her.

now lets take this same attractive beautiful girl and I see that she has one smallvzit on her face. I would feel a thousand times more comfortable around her.

yes, I know that a relationship is past looks, but to even get into one you have to feel comfortable around the person.

yeah but were not talking about "would acne hold you back from dating someone?"

obviously (i would hope) most people would say no, as that would rather superficial

were talking about (or i assume were talking about)... given all things equal, would you date someone who had acne or didnt

which leads to a completely different answer

yeah but were not talking about "would acne hold you back from dating someone?"

obviously (i would hope) most people would say no, as that would rather superficial

were talking about (or i assume were talking about)... given all things equal, would you date someone who had acne or didnt

which leads to a completely different answer

wouldn't matter to me. clear or with acne. as long as the girl has a big loving heart to love me with :D

To me it doesnt matter if the girl has acne or not because its not important. A girl having acne or not does not effect me loving her or not. I would not just love a girl just cause she has acne. Some people might feel more comfortable around other people with acne but I dont because in the past people with acne themselves has made fun of my acne

my former significant other of 5 yrs had great skin. whenever he'd get a pimple i'd think: "Yes! he IS human!". when i look around, it seems everyone has great skin except me....i'm somehow defective. so degrading!

this is gonna make me very aware of what guy im talking to now. If he has acne i am gonna think well hes only hitting on me cause i gots pimples too! haha well not exactly but it will def make me more observant i think

i didnt have time to read all the replies so forgive me if someone else already said this but i think girls with acne notice your flaws more then probably the ones that dont have acne . whY? because girls with acne know what it feels like and know what is on your face and girls without acne don't really care its normal to them probably because they see alot of people with acne already so to them its like whatever. i know this because since like i have acne i notice it alot more on everyone since im dealing with it and i spend alot more time thinking about it then a regular person with out it . what im trying to say is dont hold back on talking to people just do it , if they want to be your friend they will be your friend not because of the acne on your face but because of your personality. people want to be around happy people.

Does acne really matter? no, i prefer a girl to be attractive than not, i am sure everyone would, but acne means nothing.

Plenty of people with acne are dickheads just like some clear skin people. If people are basing future relationships on whether someone has acne or not then your ruined for life.

The problem is that people not to seriously stop treating acne like it's frickin' heart disease. It isn't.

Pick your mate based on personality and charisma qualities-not their skin type. I wouldn't rather date one or the other because I don't give a crap about their skin. If their personality is good enough to draw me in, then so be it.

Now, I know that there needs to be some level of attraction at first. However, if you're getting to know someone and enjoy their personality, then their looks eventually start looking better to you so it shouldn't matter THAT much at the end of the day.

I'm coming to learn this: So what if you have acne? I mean, seriously. It isn't killing you. It isn't inhibiting your intellect and reason. It's not affecting any arteries or organs. And believe it or not, it's not inhibiting your ability to live a good, enriched and happy life. The only one responsible for that is you. If people can't deal then you don't want to be around them anyhow.

What if there were two girls-one with acne, one without-who had the same personality, but the one without had stronger feelings for you? You'd still go with the girl with acne just because?

It's shallow to pick someone over the other because of their looks and picking the chick with acne over the one without solely BECAUSE she has acne is just as shallow as picking the one without solely because she's free of it.

People need to stop revolving their lives around their "less than perfect" skin. There's no such thing as a flaw. Nature has no flaws and by having acne, we aren't flawed either-just people with natural skin issues. No-I don't like having it that much and I do what I can to treat it, but I'm not going to set aside who I am and my life and base my romantic decisions on skin types.