Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

like seeing somone with perfect perfect skin and just being upset and envious of hours about it?

I invited a friend over for dinner last night who is notorious for having dry, red, irritated skin (and then there was me, who normally had the clear skin and hadn't used make-up until about a year ago.) She looked great, fresh, clean, clear, radiant. I looked a mess and thought, now the shoe's on the other foot. I was jealous, sure, but she's my friend and because of that, we look past minor flaws like the condition of our skin. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter that much, certainly not as much as our friendship!

ha if that was more diluted, that'd be pretty pimp. i like your way of thinkin though

never jealous, just angry that they think they're better than everyone and think they have the right to cringe or chuckle at someone that doesn't have perfect skin. some of them make me want to clock them! 8) But i've never actually been in a fight in my life. Well actually, I almost got into a fight with someone in high shool. In PE class she was sitting with her group of friends. I knew she was talking about me with her friends and loud enough she said " look at her face..." I was angry more than hurt and replied "at least I have my own hair.." because she was wearing extensions. :surprised: she got up, furious with the makeup and mirror she was holding in her hand, checking herself out, and she walked to me with the mirror. What did you say? she shouted. She actually wanted to smash the mirror in my face. I stood up to her, I didn't really care. Someone seperated us. At lunch time one of her friends followed me and tried to intimidate me. I stood up for myself again, and her friend just left me with a warning. You better watch your back. Yeah nothing happened. :surprised:

yea i would get jealous , and yea i would get angry that my friends had perfect skin and they never washed there face, and we would drink n smoke all the time and nothing happened to them.

Yes I feel jealous of other people's skin. But it's not bc I want perfect skin, I just want skin that isn't disgusting and repulsive. I'm not too picky, a few scars s even ok.

all d time..n i hate dat nothing ever happens to vain ppl but shit always happens to those who tried their hardest to b such a good person..lifes a bitch..

I got dressed up the other day - best dress, shoes, and makeup and thought i looked ok- then i passed the mirror... and all i could see was scars

Ive been going through a major phase of jealousy recently, ive no idea why but its kicked right in full force lately.Ive found myself just plain disliking people due to there skin been so much better than mine, hopefully ill stop feeling this way soon.

I think because I was so self-conscious about my acne I would notice other peoples' skin more than the average person would, but it was never jealousy. I have no active acne due to a restrictive diet, but I do have hyperpigmentation. I don't know if I will be left with scars, so that gets me down sometimes, but all of my previous marks have faded to nothing and I've just cleared in the last two weeks, so I'm pretty optimistic that I'll have nice skin once more. If anyone needs help with their acne I will gladly help you.

#1 thing: don't be hard on yourself or your skin. Acne is temporary!

i used to get really super jealous of other girls all the time because of my skin. mostly when i was younger, though, like in high school.

i have since been on accutane and it's not much of an issue anymore, but if i do break out i just get inwardly angry at myself for some reason. like it was my fault or something.

I got dressed up the other day - best dress, shoes, and makeup and thought i looked ok- then i passed the mirror... and all i could see was scars

I know that feeling.

You put on some nice clothes, do your hair up, and start thinking, hey I just might be good looking. Then you catch a glimpse of your scars and BAM, you feel like crap. Then I start feeling like an idiot for even trying to look good bc I can never look good w this skin. It's like putting makeup on a pig.

Don't think about it and stay away from mirrors!

I don't think it's jealousy but rather anger that is aimed at myself for not being able to look "normal".

OMG yes!!!!! I am jealous of everyone and everything. I can never just be happy with myself, I always want something more. My new years resolution is to be less jealous.

I'm more annoyed than jealous.............What have I done to deserve an acne infested face!?!?!?!

I just want normal looking skin like EVERYONE else. I want to be able to go out and not be so self conscious about my skin. ARRRRRRRRRGH!

I really do hope that accutane will do the trick. *fingers crossed*

I'm jealous of girls who don't have to wear make up daily to look 'normal'. I'm jealous of girls who can wake up, see their face bare and still feel good about themselves. I'm jelous of people who don't constatnly worry about how their skin looks. I'm jealous of people with clear skin.

I'm not even asking for perfection, I'm just asking to have the option of no make up =/