Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sheepo

Waves of break out in 3 weeks of Regimen

I'm trying really hard to stay positive but I'm quite worried what my face will end up looking like few weeks down the road. I'm almost on week 3 and I started the BP to clear the acne on my forehead. I've always had mild acne. My forehead cleared up decently. But my cheeks, which I would very seldom get any pimples and when I do it's like 1 or 2 at max/month, has now sprouted a whole bunch of pimples. Atleast 6 on each cheek. It's super painful and everytime I wash my face and put treatment on it saddens me more. It feels so bumpy and gross. For once in my life, at the age of 26 I think I've entered into "moderate acne" phase. This is really scary for me.

Moreover, the pimples are just adding each day. One seems to get a bit better and 2 more comes. So they keep accumulating. And the ones that supposedly "get a bit better" are still sitting on my face as a raised bump. And the bump just stays there and over days, it just looks like it's a pimple that got stopped in the middle of coming out and now it just feels comfortable lodged inside and probably won't come out until something inflames it again.

I really don't know what to do. I wish some people can share some stories. It would be more assuring to know that other people go through that too and there is light at the end of the tunnel. I feel like I'm damaging my own skin by using the regimen. I hate to say that; cause I really wish this would work for me. But so far, I'm beginning to feel that I overkilled my acne problem and exacerbated my conditions rather than help.

I'm trying really hard to stay positive but I'm quite worried what my face will end up looking like few weeks down the road. I'm almost on week 3 and I started the BP to clear the acne on my forehead. I've always had mild acne. My forehead cleared up decently. But my cheeks, which I would very seldom get any pimples and when I do it's like 1 or 2 at max/month, has now sprouted a whole bunch of pimples. Atleast 6 on each cheek. It's super painful and everytime I wash my face and put treatment on it saddens me more. It feels so bumpy and gross. For once in my life, at the age of 26 I think I've entered into "moderate acne" phase. This is really scary for me.

Moreover, the pimples are just adding each day. One seems to get a bit better and 2 more comes. So they keep accumulating. And the ones that supposedly "get a bit better" are still sitting on my face as a raised bump. And the bump just stays there and over days, it just looks like it's a pimple that got stopped in the middle of coming out and now it just feels comfortable lodged inside and probably won't come out until something inflames it again.

I really don't know what to do. I wish some people can share some stories. It would be more assuring to know that other people go through that too and there is light at the end of the tunnel. I feel like I'm damaging my own skin by using the regimen. I hate to say that; cause I really wish this would work for me. But so far, I'm beginning to feel that I overkilled my acne problem and exacerbated my conditions rather than help.

If you are on week 3, then I that's pretty much when the purging process begins. I remember thinking the same thing (It's making my acne worse!!!), but then they gradually went away and my skin became clear. I think what your skin is doing right now is purging all the bacteria, and bringing it all to the surface. It should be bringing all of your acne out. Just wondering by the way what products are you using at the moment? Are you using a moisturizer and a cleanser, and which ones? How much BP are you using also?

It's nice to know that there are other people out there who's gone through this too. I was suspecting the same thing but I'm sure as you know from experience, it's really tough to keep thinking positive like that when the acne seem to be multiplying each day.

So far I've been using a good portion of the BP. I've increased gradually over the three weeks like what Dan showed us but I'm not quite at the "two pump stage". The cleanser I've been using is La Roche Posay for normal to combination skin. It's a very gentle cleanser and I never had a problem with it. Used it for couple years now. I'm using Laneige moisturizer for sensitive skin. Again this is very gentle too. I'm not sure if you've heard of it as it is a Korean brand that is not that widely available in North America. I don't have much to complain about those products. I guess it's worthy to note that the BP i'm using is not gel based, it is a cream based solution for sensitive skin - Spectro Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% Acne Vanishing Cream for Sensitive Skin. I've tried on a few occasions a gel based BP but my skin went literally burnt on both tries. I have pretty sensitive skin so.

Also the acne on my left cheek seem to be dried out this morning. It's still a bit bumpy but a lot less raised than the past week. Still super red though. I don't want to make this claim yet; but it does feel like my left cheek has died down. Now it's just the right side.

Your post reminded me alot to my own situation. Your face is still getting used to the BP, It took my face like 2 months! But now, I'm past month 4 in Dans regimen, and I don't break out at all anymore. I find it unbelievable that I can eat whatever I want, sometimes skip my regimen, and still not break out at all. Trust me, once your skin settles down it gets much easier. Don't give up.

To be honest week 3 was hell for me too, and then week 4 it started to clear. Now I'm in week 5 and I still get pimples, but no where near what it was at week 3. Just keep trucking!

I'm shamed by everyone's perseverance. I guess I'm just too obsessed with my skin these days. I'll keep trying, no doubt about that. But thanks for sharing all your experiences. I feel more assured and because you've guys gone through it too, there's no room for me to be a baby about this. *fingers crossed* wish me luck guys!

I'm shamed by everyone's perseverance. I guess I'm just too obsessed with my skin these days. I'll keep trying, no doubt about that. But thanks for sharing all your experiences. I feel more assured and because you've guys gone through it too, there's no room for me to be a baby about this. *fingers crossed* wish me luck guys!

You shouldn't feel shamed at all! Everyone cares about their skin, and wants it to be as clear and beautiful looking as possible. We were all in the same boat as you in week 3 of the regimen, so you are not alone at all. I'm sure you are going to do great on the regimen, because Dan's regimen. kick's acne's butt! You just have to give it time, but you will see results. :dance:

P.S. you should take pictures of yourself, so you can see results and improvements in your skin and know that it is working. It will also keep you motivated!

That whole first month on the reg for me was hell. My skin was peeling so bad....i looked like a lobster. Ill post a picture here sometime so you can see me now after almosy two months on the regimen. What a difference!

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I'm slowly getting through this hard period. Also, I do notice some small improvements. I finally stopped getting new pimples on my cheeks. *fingers still crossed* hope I don't jinx myself by telling you guys that. And my skin seems to be in healing mode. Slowly recovering from the acne. There are still some raised bumps, mind you; but atleast nothing new. This is pretty good news for me, considering I was getting new pimples everyday for about a week and they seemed to be accumulating rather than coming and going. I will stay on the regimen and keep you guys posted if I see greater improvements.

Hang in there! I was on Dan's regime earlier this year in March, and my purging period only lasted about a week. About a month later, I added in Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion, my skin cleared up TREMENDOUSLY!! I was able to go on vacation where it was hot and humid all the time, and I only got one TINY pimple for an entire month. The rest of my face was smooth. I didn't even use makeup. Then, I went back to school, and started using more makeup (vanity sucks) even though I didn't need to. I guess I just loved the way my skin looked amazing with it, and I got lazy with the BP and AHA and makeup removal. Closed comedones were scattered all over my cheeks!! :doh:

I started the BP regime once again, and I'm on my 2nd week now. Purging is still going on. I'm upset, but hey, all the closed comedones became whiteheads, and some have healed. I have about 4 on each of my cheeks, and I swore to myself not to pop them. I'm excited for that day when I get clear smooth skin again, and I know it works because it has before. If only I didn't get lazy!!! Now I have to start all over again =(

So, basically, sorry for the long story, but, KEEP IT UP!!!! And, all of your whiteheads, have you noticed that they were are all closed ones under your skin, or are they completely new ones?

Hey iv jus started the regimen for bout a week and my forehead has cleaed up alot without all the irritation!....however my cheeks have gotten WORSE like how you described! its feels rough and spots i get there seem to stay for ages! and leaves red marks! my cheek is constantly red and feels irritated! i dont know y my forehead and nose has cleared up tremendously but my cheeks have got more worse ad RED and sore!!

from reading other peoples reviews im hoping itll goo down soon! i got a big christmas dinner and family party on xmas day! hoping itll wont be red by then! :(

Hey there guys. I've been on the Acneorg regimen for over three years now and just wanted to let you guys know that often time the early weeks are the hardest, but it does improve!

I was on proactive prior to starting so i thought i'd use one pump of bp and it irritated my face pretty bad. I used a little less bp and alot more moistuirzer but i've still got alot of redness. Is it possible for redness to be permanent on dan's regimen?

All I have to say is. I finally gave up on the regimen. And I'm glad I did. Went to the docs and realized that the BP really killed my skin. I got a compound to put on my skin. It's been 3 days now and there has been huge improvements. 1) No more new acne; 2) the red hard raised spots which i thought will never leave are getting smaller and smaller.. some have already flattened out and fading; 3) my face is no longer inflamed; and 4) my skin is no longer rough and it feels nice and smooth again.. like how it used to.

I am so glad I went off it. I hate myself though for being so stubborn before and persevering through it. Some things are just not worth it to go through. Perhaps this may work for some other skin types; that I really don't know. All I know is it damaged my skin really badly and now I'm finally recovering. I will never put my skin though this again. It was horrible.

And for the girl who said she did it for a week and cleared up. Same here.. and then week 2 started getting bad... multiplied by week 3.. and now I finally gave up. Day 3 off the regimen and using a compound lotion that the doc prescribed me... Huge Improvements! I feel like I can finally step out of the house without feeling embarrassed.

Hey guys, just an update for whoever is still on the Regimen....

tomorrow is the last day of Week 3 for me, going onto Week 4...

I have definitely cleared up!! When I wash my face, it's smooth, and I only get like 1 TINY whitehead each day, but I'm glad I do b/c they are the under the skin bumps that I've had for MONTHS...it seems like I'll have no more in a couple of days...just red marks, which are fading very very well! I put lemon juice on my face almost every night for 30min-an hour too.

I received Mario Badescu samples last week, and the Drying Cream really helps. I think these whiteheads are tiny b/c the cream stops it from being so inflamed, ALSO, the coolest thing, is when I put it on a bump, the NEXT day, it becomes the tiny whitehead, which I can pop really easily. I put on DK's BP, AHA, then dab the drying cream on the bumps I see.

So, try to go on the mario badescu website, fill out a consultation form, and wait for an email the next day or so to get your samples.

GOOD LUCK!