Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Diet and Lifestyle = Myth? Bullshit

Regardless of what any scientist or webpage promoter trying to sell you products tells you, DIET AND LIFETSTYLE DO MATTER. I don't care if there is no scientifically proven direct correlation drawn between diet and acne + acne scarring, having better health in general is going to facilitate healing for existing acne/red marks/scarring (scarring especially in the early stages) as well as act as a preventative measure for potential acne breakouts. This is just common sense basic health 101. I really regret and wish that after having severe acne in 2006 I had taken my diet and lifestyle into consideration because I think I could have helped my body heal instead of hindering it from doing so. So many people I've seen complain about having to eat healthy when their friends can eat like shit and don't break out...Goddamit! Most of us hate our predicament because it's out of our control and yet the things that may possibly be in the scope of our control we reject because it's "not fair" You know what, women lose their breasts over cancer - changing your diet and getting a good night's rest with physical exertion is not going to kill you. I am not here saying you must eat like a rabbit but would a healthy serving of fruits and vegs that contain all of the beneficial skin related vitamins (A, C, your B's etc) and a healthy dosage of sunlight or the supplement D really be that hard to achieve?

People, people...before you go spending 3 hours scanning this forum for the latest home remedy or over the counter product or whatever the f*ck treatment please take how you live into consideration. This is more of a post for the young/young-adults on the forum who have been told by the Pro-Actv infomercials and other bullshit sources for authentic information that your lifestyle doesn't matter. Like I said, it may be true that no scientific DIRECT correlation between acne and diet has been drawn but really...who the **** is going to deny the health benefits of not eating 3 bags of potato chips or 3 cartons of french fries a day?

Do yourself a favor, commit to a healthy diet and a healthy lifestyle that includes adequate sleep whenever possible.

Commiting to a healthy lifestyle and diet may indeed facilitate your body to heal the acne, as a result of improved general health, but i wouldn't expect it to cure acne, so OTC are very likely to still be necesary.

Recent research has more or less proven diet to be linked to acne, even though it was already obvious to many people who had played around with their diets before. Doctors that still deny this claim have not read recent research, and the only experiment supporting the lack of a connection is laughable.

Low-gi or low-carb seem to be the best.